Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamus1
Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: New home hub 6

Go to solution

What I like to know from anyone who has one does it stop the 14day reset bug,tr069 error(bug) that would be nice if bt fixed that.cheers 😊 

i would like to know this also,i have the hub 6 and was just getting near the two weeks connection time and had a power cut.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Will let you know re your query on 14 days, in 12 hours, although the 14 days is up at midnight or thereabouts.

Otherwise all is stable and looking promising.

Some problems posting a reply to you, though. This is the 3rd attempt. Must be something in the content of your text.

Yes, mains supply problems do ruin all your continuity, although, if the system can't handle it then there's something amiss!

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution
Who's to say the14 day reset is not a bug at all, but by design.

@shamus1. If power failure is a problem take a look at ipower UPS. They're only slightly larger than the power supply that would come with the hub and only £20 or so.
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Will let you know re your query on 14 days, in 12 hours, although the 14 days is up at midnight or thereabouts.

Otherwise all is stable and looking promising.

Some problems posting a reply to you, though. This is the 3rd attempt. Must be something in the content of your text.

Yes, mains supply problems do ruin all your continuity, although, if the system can't handle it then there's something amiss!

Yes the HH6 rebooted after the 14 days connection time.

Not much changed. Just the noise margins corrected, resulting in a small increase in up/down speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
StevenNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Is the sync speed beter comapred to the HH5? I belive I'm on a Huawei FTTC cabinet and wondering if the sync speed on a HH6 is the same or slightly better than the HH5.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

@StevenNT wrote:

Is the sync speed beter comapred to the HH5? I belive I'm on a Huawei FTTC cabinet and wondering if the sync speed on a HH6 is the same or slightly better than the HH5.

It's more stable than the HH5......Not much improvement in speed, if any at all. I'll have to wait longer, I think.

Noise margin no longer wanders up and down through the day.

0 Ratings
StevenNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks, I'm currently umming and ahing weather to buy it now or wait untill I recontract, not sure what the best option is.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

I would wait

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

The graph comparing all the Hubs is wrong.

There shouldn't be "ac" on the end of the 2G for the smart hub. 3x3 11b/g/n/ac thats only on the 5G

The Sky Q Hub should have "3x3 11a/n/ac" in the 5G, on their its blank. The wifi band should be Dual not Single. The wifi standard should be "AC wi-fi" and the connections should be "2 x Gigabit Ethernet" and the number of antennas should be "5" not 2

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

The HH6 is discounted (?) to £50 for existing customers.

0 Ratings