cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonbufc
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New house FTTP setup, but no active connection

So I have recently moved into a new build home, setup for FTTP. 

I have a huawei 4 port modem installed on the wall and my post code is available via Openreach. On the modem there is a red light on the LOS button.

I placed an order with BT on the 27th February for broadband and this was put through with an activation date. However the broadband was never actually activated so the BT Hub still has an orange light. This has happened a few times and has been escalated. I am advised it is a software issue and is being investigated. I am due to get a callback from a BT case handler but want to see if there is anything specific I can ask? I did have an engineer visit arranged but BT said as it was most likely a software issue then there was no need for the engineer visit.

The lights on the huawei 4 port modem are:

Tel1 - off

Port1 - steady green

LOS - steady red

PON - off

Power - steady green

Status - steady green

On the BT Wholesale Broadband Availability checker for my address it states "no anticipated issues. ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available."

There are currently 3 houses in the street (mine included) and the other 2 are setup and active.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New house FTTP setup, but no active connection

Ring the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

simonbufc
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. I had phoned that number and arranged an engineer visit for this morning (Tuesday) but then I got a phone call from BT to say there was no need for an engineer visit as the issue is software related, and I will get another phone call tomorrow with an update.

Is this correct, that a red LOS light would not be anyway hardware related?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

LOS = Loss of Optical Signal - normally a hardware issue at one end. I assume that the fibre at your end is not just dangling loose? Do not disturb it, if it is connected.

It possible something at the other end has to be enabled by software, which switches on the optical signal, so you will have to see.

It may also be that there is a fault on the optical path.

0 Ratings