cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djacques
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

New infinity2 is really slow .. WHY ???

when i ordered infinity 2 the information from BT said i should expect these speeds

btpromise.JPG

what i actually get is this .. 

btspeed.JPG

can anyone explain why? all i get from the terrible BT support is turn it on and off again.

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: +076286+1521017463

3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:33:32

6. Data Rate: 3992 / 17741

7. Maximum Data Rate: 3992 / 17920

8. Noise Margin: 6.1 / 6.3

9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 27.4

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 35.4

11. Data sent/received: 34.1 MB / 1.1 GB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: New infinity2 is really slow .. WHY ???

Apart from the speeds being out side your estimate, the estimate does not justify being on Infinity 2. You are paying for something that even on a perfect line you will not get. The maximum speed on a perfect line for Infinity 1 is 38Mbps so even if you were to get the maximum in your estimate it would only add 4Mbps which I doubt you would notice.

As regards your problem, your Homehub stats indicate that you are getting the maximum that the line can support.

You should contact BT and report to them that you are not getting any where near your estimated speeds and you would like this problem investigated by an engineer. You should also consider down grading to Infinity 1.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

enter your phone number and post results  remember to remove number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

was this self install?  if so are you using the test socket with a new filter or do you have an SSFP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
djacques
Beginner
Message 4 of 21

i did speak to them, and all i got was the classic turn it off and on again .. and its because you have more than 1 device connected to the network

terrible service

0 Ratings
djacques
Beginner
Message 5 of 21

i get this from the url.

i set the modem up myself. i used one of the new filters that came with it. the house is 2 years old, all new wiring, the main phone socket is in the hall, but there are phone sockets in other rooms (by the builders no me) im plugged direct to the one in my office using the new filter

results.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

ok as that is an extension socket can you try conencting to the test socket which should be your best conenction and eliminates any problems with your internal wiring  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 21

Trying the test socket in the master socket (as shown by imjolly) SHOULD eliminate any problems with internal wiring. That will be the case if the extensions are all taken (directly or indirectly) from the master/test socket as they should be.

If the extensions have been taken from junction boxes before the master socket (ring wiring) then that could easily be your problem. Shouldn't be the case on a fairly new build, but ...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 21

Have you fitted a filter to every socket that is being used by voice calls equipment?
Normal telephones can cause interference at the frequencies used by the broadband. That's why all voice equipment must be attached via a filter, either a central one built into the master socket, or one at each extension socket.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 21

As previously mentioned, trying the HomeHub in the master test socket should in theory remove all extensions from the equation. Those should all have no power or dial tone in that situation if the wiring is done in the standard way.
0 Ratings
djacques
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

ive connected the hub5 to the main openreach phone socket and its up to 25mb, but still way lower than i would expect

0 Ratings