cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: New infinity2 is really slow .. WHY ???

by main socket do you mean the test socket as per my previous post?

can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 21

If plugged into the test socket then removing the small faceplate in front of it should have disconnected all extensions in the home as they should all run off the connectors on the back of that small faceplate. You can use a basic telephone to check that all extensions are dead.
0 Ratings
djacques
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

yes i mean the master test socket.

still only getting 19mg dls

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

if you are now connected to test socket are all your other sockets 'dead'  just in case there is some incorrect wiring

can you post the helpdesk stats from the test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 21

At the risk of repeating myself you should contact BT and report to them that you are not getting any where near your estimated speeds and you would like this problem investigated by an engineer. You should also consider down grading to Infinity 1.

Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 21

With a phone connected to the test socket (either directly or via the DSL filter) try the quiet line test by dialling 17070 and choosing option 2. There should be no noise/crackle on the line. A cordless phone might give a slight background buzz anyway so a corded phone is better for this test if possible.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 21

I agree that your estimated downstream line rate (data rate / sync rate) range is 32 to 42 for a clean line, so why did you sign up to Infinity 2? Did BT not supply a speed estimate before you signed up and also on your order confirmation?

The downstream line rate on Infinity 1 is capped at 40 and on Infinity 2 at 80. Your line is estimated to only support a line rate of up to 42 anyway.
0 Ratings
djacques
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

ive a bt engineer next door he has just tested the box outside the house and 25mb is all thats coming, he said the box thats 100m from the house is wired for infinity2. also when i ordered it i was told upto 80 to the house

logged an issue with the bt, but sadly the support is terrible as ever

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 21

The line will be set up for VDSL2 (profile 17a). That can provide speeds of up to around 100Mbps. Openreach / BT Wholesale then sell packages with caps of either 80 or 40. BT Consumer resell them as Infinity 2 or 1.

So your line is set up for 'Infinity' but your estimated max speed due to the distance to the cabinet is around 42. So it is pointless paying more for the Infinity 2 cap of 80.

Try your number on the BT web sales pages and it should give the same estimate. Your order confirmation should have also given speed estimate info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 21

Your line will be currently set on down/up caps of 80/20 if you are paying for Infinity 2. That is what the engineer was probably telling you.
It doesn't mean your line can achieve those speed limits, just that those are the limits currently set on your line.
0 Ratings