cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albarax
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

New install - 80\20 limited to 80\10 ? Full download speed, half upload speed.

Just had BT Infinity2 installed. BT engineer said he was seeing 80Mbs down\ 20Mbs up when testing line. I am getting full download speed, but half upload speed - being limited to 10Mbs upload.

Will this "fix itself" after the initial 10 days, or do BT need to configure something their end to remove a cap ?

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed  74.93 Mbps    77.43 Mbps  Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 74.93 Mbps  

For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .  

Additional Information:  IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed  9 Mbps     20 Mbps  Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 9Mbps  Additional Information:  

Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: New install - 80\20 limited to 80\10 ? Full download speed, half upload speed.

Try speedtest.net and post back results
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Re: New install - 80\20 limited to 80\10 ? Full download speed, half upload speed.

I had exactly this problem on my 80/20 setup last week, though it's a year old installation (my uploads dropped to 9Mbps). After a day or two, I reported it (for the record) and got a report reference, but said I was happy to wait for a week to see if it corrected itself, and I left it at that.

Two days later, my upload speed went back to the 17Mbps it should have been so if I were you, I'd report it but not get too stressed about it yet, as it may well sort itself out or be sorted by BT from the report (especially if others have done the same).

0 Ratings
gravy1
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I've only been here a couple of weeks but I cannot express fully how brilliant my infinity is.... I was told it would take a little while to settle and it did. It varied between 75 download 17 upload to 60 DL 8 UL but it has settled to a nice average of over 70 Mb download and 15 to 18 upload. The upload is what drew me to BT for our skype in HD and my NAS drive uploading to my phone and tablet when we're out. I don't think we've needed half of our upload speed and we use it a lot. As already stated give it a little while.... Smiley Happy

Far too old and fat to be riding very fast motorcycles...... but I do.
0 Ratings
G4HLF
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Interesting on the profile speed 77.44, exactly what mine is.

0 Ratings
Jughead
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I had the same problem on my new install last week. Yesterday i reset the router and it's now up to the 20 UL instead of 10. I have maximum speed now with only a slight loss via my powerline adaptors.
0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I had to get a new router from BT and my new one gives me 18mb upload instead of 9mb so qute a difference, maybe there is a firmware bug with HH3 Type B's?

0 Ratings
AlexTheLion
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Another user with a HH3 bug limiting upload to 10.
Try another router if possible that will tell you for sure..
0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Might be worthwhile notifying the mods to see if this can be rectified as it looks to me that it's affecting more and more people.

0 Ratings