cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New install - LOS is red

Hi

Original install date was the 14th June… after a very poor experience with a contractor and a further weeks wait I had full fibre installed last Friday by two very helpful openreach engineers. They stated that there was no light in the cable on the pole and that this would be fixed on Monday. Advising that once resolved the router would spring into action with a beaming green glow.

It’s now Thursday and the hub is still orange and the LOS is still illuminated. When contacting BT I am told that I won’t get an update until Friday as “It’s in the notes”. 

Is there anyway I can get some visibility on what is happening to set expectation? I’ve been surviving on a 12meg connection for the past 15 years so quite keen to get this resolved now it is available in my area and have now been waiting 2 weeks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New install - LOS is red

are you phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 for assistance?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I’ve been dialling 150 from my land line which gives me the same options as the number quoted above?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

you get diverted to standard CS if the FTTP TEAM number is busy.  you just need to keep trying FTTP until you get through.  this problem has been covered on forum many times

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ok thanks and apologies for not knowing that having only joined the forum about an hour ago.

0 Ratings