Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

New low's in BT Technical Support

The above say’s it all.

Phoned support earlier today as my Infinity 2 speeds have been getting worst over a period of some months now. I used to get around the last 60’s mark but now spec’s are as follows, (as measured from BT Wholesale):

Download: 43.07

Upload: 14.76

Ping 33.25

IP profile set to 48.49

After about half an hour on the phone begin asked to perform all manner of test which weren’t going to make a bit of difference,  being ask to explain what ‘ping’ meant as he’d never heard of it and constantly being told that the speed I was getting was well within accepetable limits, the support engineer decided that this line can’t support infinity 2 and therefore the best course of action was to transfer me to sales to cancel me account! (Just as an aside, when he transferred me I got cut off.)

No engineers visit was offered or anything that might have had any chance of sorting the issue. Can’t see why I’m paying for infinity 2 and only getting infinity 1 speeds. Will try support again later, might get someone with a bit more knowledge, (can only hope) next time. If not we'll see...

Regards

Gary

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: New low's in BT Technical Support

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics. Use an Ethernet connection.

0 Ratings
gbsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I'm on HH4, is there any hidden config/stat pages?

Apart from the Upstream profile of 20M all your requested info was contained within my first post.

Regards

Gary

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

The information requested from here was not contained http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gbsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Apologies.

Untitled 3.tiff

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Unfortunately the DSL stats are held in the Openreach modem and are unavailable unless you have unlocked it. Extrapolating your sync speed from your IP profile, however, you appear to be syncing above the low Range A figure. Have you tried connecting to the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket with a new filter to see if that improves things?

Probably pointless paying for Infinity2 now the Infinity1 cap has been raised to 55M and the maximum you can expect is only 62M.

0 Ratings
gbsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thanks for replying the pair of you, apologies for the confusion earlier.

I've tried using the master socket, new filters etc, all without any improvement.

I used to have an IP Profile up in the late 60's but now it seems stuck down at 48Mb. Untill whatever caused this drop has been sorted and/or the profile re-set I dought I'll see any change. The hard part appears to be getting BT to accept there's an issue.

Regards

Gary

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Whilst your sync speed remains above the Low A figure then BT won't regard there being an issue. Its quite probable that your speed has deteriorated due to the effects of crosstalk from new customers coming on line from your cabinet. Until (if) vectoring is introduced, nothing can be done to alleviate that.

Your IP profile is purely a function of your sync speed, not the other way round.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

All you can do is maintain a stable connection for the next few weeks and let the DLM do its job automatically
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

I don't think it's a question of DLM intervention, I think the circuit is working as well as it can.
0 Ratings