cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: New service and a possible issue carried over from previous supplier?

are you using the teats socket as @gg30340 suggested or still in master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jeni393
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

I was back in the main socket. I unplugged and tried the test socket and the line test was still quiet.

I had a chat with an engineer that was working on one of the cabinets on my way into town today. I asked if he had any idea what would cause a sudden drop in upload speed. He suggested it could be a wire has got disconnected, swapped or broken in the cabinet. He also said to ask for the ties to be replaced?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

Have you tried connecting the Smarthub into the test socket to see if things improve. It could be that you have a faulty face plate. 

If there is no difference all you can do is report a fault to BT and request that an engineer be sent out to investigate the problem.

As an aside, going by the estimate checker you will not be bale to reach the maximum speed for Infinity 1 so it is a waste of money paying for Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
Jeni393
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Yes, I’ve tried the test socket, still have the same issue with upload speeds.

When I took out the service, I hadn’t realised I wouldn’t get the maximum speed for infinity 1, but I’m stuck with Infinity 2 for 18 months now. I’m still saving money though, I’ve cancelled all my Sky subscriptions lol!! We were watching tv less and less so Wasn’t worth paying for it anymore.
0 Ratings