cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Newbie speed question - am I overpaying for Inf 2?

Hi

I have sleptwalk into an Infinity 2 contract (I honestly can't remember how/when I signed up - had a lot going on in the last couple of years) and belatedly scrutinising what I'm getting. Although adverstised up to 76Mb, my speedtests are clocking in about 22.5 Mbps.  I've been reading the site today to understand what I can self-diagnose before I would commit to an expensive engineer callout. Stats I've gathered are below - it seems to me that I'm actually in the B range based on how BT Wholesale see it , and I could never get the Infinity 2 speeds anyway , if I'm reading this right... but would appreciate a 2nd opinion from anyone who is more familiar! (If that is the case I'm kicking myself for overpaying for something I can't get! I known I2 has other benefits but I don't use them). Appreciate any recommendations!

Roger

btw availability.JPG

btow diagnostics.png

router stats.JPG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Newbie speed question - am I overpaying for Inf 2?

You can't get anywhere near maximum Infinity1 speed let alone Infinity2, however, you should be getting higher speeds than you are.  Your line appears to have been banded at 25m by DLM due to line insatability. Your uptime is only 5 minutes, is that due to line drops or have you disconnected/re-booted the hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I rebooted the hub as that was one of the prerequisites for the BT Wholesale availability checker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

In future do not reboot before running the test as not necessary

can you try connecting to the test socket which is behind detachable plate on master socket  if you can then repost your router stats

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded ohone

test-socket-thumb.jpg  Test socket by black arrow 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

OK, did that. Ran the BTW speed test as well , the results were practically identical

router stats below

btw testline.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Also , called the 17070 number, selected option 2 , could here no noise on the line (note - wasn't a wired handset as I don't have one)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 7

For the sake of about £5 it is well worth having one. That said if you don't get any noise on your cordless audible line noise deosn't appear to the problem.

0 Ratings