cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDowson
Contributor
Message 41 of 48

Re: Night time disconnections and watchdog reset

Same for me. Mine was resetting at 9am each day for the last few days. I rebooted it at 10am yesterday and this morning at 10am it reset again. Definitely some sort of 24 hour bug in the new firmware.
mr_maximus
Contributor
Message 42 of 48

I too was wondering if the bt motive server, pbthdm.bt.mo, was in a different timezone. Even so, should this cause a problem? 

Also, according to my logs, a lot of these CWMP message seem to fail;

18:24:41, 16 Feb.(114478.900000) CWMP: session closed due to error: HTTP authentication error
18:24:41, 16 Feb.(114478.900000) CWMP: HTTP authentication fail from https://pbthdm.bt.mo

Do these failures contribute to the problem?

0 Ratings
kelvinbridge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 48

Sadly it apears that no one has come forward with an explanation for the ''watchdog reset''  and it appears that no matter how many people  post copies from their Event log showing  Home hub disconnects , No one has  chosen to offer a reason, one  infamous   disconnect has been :  https://pbthdm.bt.mo : and others , looks like nae bidy kens  especially ''Friends of BT''.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 44 of 48

@kelvinbridge wrote:

Sadly it apears that no one has come forward with an explanation for the ''watchdog reset''  and it appears that no matter how many people  post copies from their Event log showing  Home hub disconnects , No one has  chosen to offer a reason, one  infamous   disconnect has been :  https://pbthdm.bt.mo : and others , looks like nae bidy kens  especially ''Friends of BT''.

Perhaps because those of us that help out on this forum you refer to as ''Friends of BT'' have no Idea why it happens.

We can only advise on what we know, not what you think we should.

Damianiw
Beginner
Message 45 of 48

I'm experiencing the same on my Hh5 typeb seems to be since last firmware update.

I also noticed the 5ghz network would just stop routing or be very slow, I have a Seperate ssid name for 5ghz so would switch and other ssid on 2 (or whatever freq. it is)working fine, I disabled 5ghz and router again rebooted, this hasn't solved the daily reboot / dumb green light where router needs power off.

I find this device frustrating, is there a tool I can capture the logs with to check as the page on the router is rubbish, it looks like mine is saying it was powered off/on by power button which isn't true.

I have my old openreach modem and hh3, seriously considering bringing them out and removing the hh5, or the modem and a Seperate router.

Managed firmware updates may be good for security but this has bugs and no way to downgrade or a batch (big) of hh5s just all went wrong at once which I find less likely.

Really miffed as paid £50 for this as an upgrade and now it's not fit for purpose
0 Ratings
Highlighted
bunyarra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 48

I too had 5+ watchdog reset and/or CWMP errors a day these last few months. Driving my family mad (at me!).

I can only say that the response I got here was there might be a problem with the HH. If a reset does not fix it then a new one might help.

Given the other issues with HH5, I replaced mine with a Netgear D7000 and not had a single disconnect since. Ok, I am now speed limited due to the history of HH5 resets/reboots but the line itself if reliable.

0 Ratings
Damianiw
Beginner
Message 47 of 48

Thanks for your feedback, great so HH complete waste of money cheap trash I paid for grr.

Needless to say I'd expect to be told it's out of warranty

I'll keep an eye out for the d7000 what's a reasonable price ?

Can / will BT set your line to retrain ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 48 of 48

@Damianiw wrote:

Can / will BT set your line to retrain ?

No.

0 Ratings