Hi, Im posting this with the hope that someone at BT who can do something about this reads it and then actually does something, I suppose they could always forward it to another department for it to be ignored there as well.
I placed an order for Ultrafast broadband back on the 23rd of March and have had nothing but trouble since. Ill try and summarise:
1. Placed order on the 23rd of March, given installation date three weeks later on the 13th of April.
2. 13th came and went, no engineer. Rang to be told there was an issue and my order got stuck and engineers were never informed of the appointment.
3. Told had to cancel the order and create another one and this would be the quickest point and would take 24hrs.
4. Several phone calls made to enquire about progress over the coming days and no one bothers to ring me when they say they will. Told that the order cancallation has now got "stuck" as well.
5. Two weeks later order gets cancelled, support were supposed to reorder straight away and again no one bothered to do anything until I contact them.
6. Went to create new order but can't because support staff very kindly ordered ADSL as a temporary fix to get me on line while waiting for this mess to sort itself out (which has been in process for 2 weeks itself and nothing yet!) is blocking the new order because they "can only have one active order" in the system. Joke!
7. He did give me a "provisional" date for the engineer to visit of the 31/05/2018. "If" this actually happens then that will mean from the point of ordering it would have taken 10 weeks.
I am very very very annoyed and frustrated with this whole thing. BT really need to sort it out and review their internal structure, its a mesh of different and seperated teams that don't talk to each other and blame one another.
As a direct result of this mess I am losing earnings and have additional travel costs in order to get online for work. When I was under the impression that my internet service would be up and running in 3 weeks I gave notice on my office and was going to work from my new house. With no internet and now no office I find myself driving to my father in laws house every day (45 mins drive away) in order get online and run my business. So far no offer of compensation!
One thing is for sure I would not recommend BT to anyone for anything after this.
Thanks and sorry for the rant.
Unfortunately only the FTTP team can assist with Ultrafast problems. 0800 587 4787
Is this who you've been dealing with?
I have decided to make a complaint with the ISPA to see if they can make BT sort this out.