cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

No BT Infinity service and BT can't match address with Openreach

Hi

My broadband has been down since beginning of July though BT didn't register a complaint officially before 7th July. i have that number.

I have lost count of the number of calls I have made.  I have been told since 6th July that first line of address is different between BT & Openreach. I was told that it will take maximum of 6 days to fix that. It is 25th July today and each time I call, the team gives a different answer. And the answer is , "We checked the data integrity today and will check it again tomorrow". 

Has anyone experienced this? I find it very frustrating that 2 technology companies can't change a line of address in 19 days. I have asked BT to close the account though I didn't really want to do so because other providers arent giving fibre connection.  Is BT's customer service always this appalling? some customer service agents were good. I spoke with Wendy today who didn't even have the patience to listen or update me what the next steps will be. "I can't help you it is with Data integrity team" is all she said. 

Covid lockdown has mandated work from home for me and i cannot work without broadband. I have tried hacks with hotspots and mobile broadbands but none are reliable. So, i thought i will try to see if any moderators on this forum can get my voice heard. I'd have  have thought 19 days should be adequate to update a line of address? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: No BT Infinity service and BT can't match address with Openreach

I didn't put something correctly. I have asked BT to close the account as I dont see any hope. I wouldnt have done so if BT could have turned this around. The other options in my area aren't as good and I would have liked the issue to be resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

so is you BT account being cancelled?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yes but not out of necessity but out of frustration. I would rather not if someone can get to the root of this and solve it. The account should cease on 29th July otherwise. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

If you now have a cease order on your account I don't think there is anything can be done until that completes. Your action due to frustration is probably going to cause you more frustration and time without a connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hmm. so are you suggesting i let it close and move on? I have procured vodafone's mobile broadband, not ideal but workable. 

Should I even bother thinking of going back as new client with BT? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@pkj I'm really sorry you've been left without broadband for such a long time and appreciate this is especially inconvenient when working from home.

It normally takes around a week to get Openreach to update their network records if the address is wrong on their side. If you have a cancellation order in place we may have to stop that in order to help as it will likely prevent us from updating the systems with your correct address information. If you'd like us to help please reply on the private message I sent and we'll be happy to assist.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @NeilO . thanks for being in touch. I have replied to your PM. 

thanks a lot

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

All & @NeilO 

Saga of changing 2 words in the address continues...I'd love to meet the person who sets the performance goals for "case team".

As per the last call from BT, I was told that another attempt will be made to correct the address with urgency and I will be updated today. No luck  with the update & frustration continues.  

0 Ratings