Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simonc89
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No Broadband Connection for Over 5 Weeks

Hi,

Approximately 5 weeks ago out of the blue my broadband connection dropped and hasn't come back on since. I must have spoken to approximately 30 different people on the phone, most of which have just fobbed me off with "It will definitely be fixed, wait another 48 hours" or "some digging is required". There have been 2 Openreach engineer visits + a cancelled one, both of which have said I needed to speak to BT again.

The very first was booked but then didn't arrive as they had found a fault externally but didn't inform me that it had been cancelled until I called up at 2pm on the day of the 8am-1pm appointment.

The first actual engineer visit (approximately 2/3 weeks ago) ran his tests, was getting sync and said there was no issue with the line, made a couple of phone calls and was informed there was a cease on the line, and that I needed to call BT to resolve. Speaking to BT I was told there was no cease. Then got a message a few days later saying there was a cease, but then the reprovide failed.

The second engineer visit (yesterday) also ran his tests, said he was getting sync, no issues with the line again, checked the green cabinet, no issues, said I needed to BT as he thought that it was possible the connection has been partially ceased in error and not reprovided properly. Back on the phone to BT who then said there was a fault at the exchange.

I'm absolutely fed up of being passed around between different departments, BT and Openreach passing the blame to each other, and just generally not seeing any sign of the fault being resolved. After my most recent phone call, I've been told that I should receive a call back in 2 days to update me as it has been passed on to someone to fix an issue at the exchange. The problem is I've been told this countless times now and the fault doesn't ever seem to get fixed.

Please can you assist or at least look in to this for me to make sure something is actually being done and someone's is actually going to be fixing this issue. Beyond a joke now.

Should also mention that the hub is showing a solid orange light and the event log is showing PPPoE error.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Broadband Connection for Over 5 Weeks

as you don't appear to be making any progress I have asked mods to see if they can help  it can take about 2/3 days after completing form before mods get back to you

mods will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Simonc89,

I am sorry to hear about everything that's happened.

Recently, it sounds like either we've sent the fault to Openreach to check for a fault or else; we've arranged for an engineer to go to the exchange. Please check up on your fault here: Fault tracker and let me know if there is any update on it please? Depending on what it says it may be best for us to check.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Simonc89
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Bit of an update. 2 week ago tomorrow I received a call from a case manager who informed me that the line was ceased in error and not correctly reinstated. I was told a cease and reprovide was needed to fix the issue. I was told the cease would take 2 working days and the reprovide would take a further 3 working days. I'm now 2 weeks on and still nothing and receive very slow/intermittent updates, and not when promised either.

I'm now in week 8 without a connection.

The fault tracker has shown 5 faults since I first reported the issue, which have all been closed, when there has never been a fix.

I now have absolutely no interest in remaining with BT going forward and would like to be fully reimbursed for the down time of over 7 weeks into my bank account, not as credit on my account immediately. I would then like to cancel my account free of charge so that I can change provider to someone who has half a clue what they're doing.

Please can someone assist with this.
0 Ratings