Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Okob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

No Broadband Or Landline After Activation

Go to solution
I was offered an upgrade to fibre broadband. I accepted and was given an activation date of 24th December. This morning the phone worked and we were impressed with the new, faster speed of our internet. I then got an email this evening saying the new service was activated, but now we have no internet or landline. I have followed all the steps online and they all lead to a number which tells me by is closed for the holidays!

There is absolutely no one to contact about this. And the family is left with no internet access over Christmas. Very disappointed BT.
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: No Broadband Or Landline After Activation

Go to solution

Do you still have a dial tone from your phone?

Is the phone number correct dial 17070 and check the correct phone number is repeated back to you.

What are the colours of the lights on the hub?

Try connecting the hub to the test socket with a filter to see if that works.

I understand this could not have happened at a worse time of the year but please try the above. I'll try to get back to you tonight but I'm sure you understand.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

BT help team for faults are open, they're also open tomorrow on Christmas day, most other teams are closed from 6pm today until 8am Boxing day so perhaps you pressed the wrong option when calling.

I hope you get everything sorted 🙂

0 Ratings
Okob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
There’s no dial tone. I gave unplugged the filter and plugged phone direct into wall socket and still no connection. The Hub is flashing purple.
0 Ratings
Okob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
I called the 0800800150 number and said we had no landline, reported the number and got the recorded message they were closed for holidays.

If you know best way to get through to the help team it be very much appreciated
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Sorry for not getting back yesterday (one drink too many).  You need to report a line fault (don't mention broadband) on 0800800151. I doubt you'll be able to get through until Thursday though.

Meanwhile are there any BT hotspots your wireless can connect to?

Just noticed there is a mod on duty so I've asked them to take a look. At least it gets the ball rolling for you.

0 Ratings
Okob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply!

I did only tell them about the landline fault. Also logged it online. Guess there’s nothing I can do until after Boxing Day.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Unfortunately not. Have you looked for BT wireless hotspots near to you as you should be able to use them. At least it will ease the problem if you can.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Okob,

I am so sorry to see that your connection isn't working.

Our suppliers, Openreach, will be closed today and tomorrow. However; it would be good if you could contact my team so we can do all we can to help you. To get in touch, go to my profile DanielS and then copy and paste the link which appears on the "Moderation Team Email Address" section. When we're all in office you should be at the top of our queue to help.

Thanks

DanielS 

0 Ratings
Okob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks Daniel,

Have followed the link and filled in the form.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.