Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yorkjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

No Broadband for 6 weeks

Go to solution

My FTTC Fibre 2 stopped working 6 weeks ago, reported 2nd April and still not fixed.  Hub replaced, house system appointment check made for 24th April for QubeGB engineer, cancelled 5 minutes before he was due and rearranged for 2nd May.  Original fault report cancelled by BT 24th April erroneously as they said I had told them it was fixed and I hadn't, further fault report raised 25th April for estimated fix date 2nd May.  QubeGB came 2nd May, house system all OK and reported back to BT.  Engineer visit arranged for 5th May (OpenReach) no feedback, no contact and no solution. Fix date changed to 7th May.  Nothing.  Fix date changed to 12th May.  Nothing.  13th May BT arranged further OpenReach engineer for 15th May and Stockport call centre Shawn undertook to take ownership of the case.  Do I have any faith in a solution?  What do you think!!  At a loss to know what to do next.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: No Broadband for 6 weeks

Go to solution

is your landline phone working?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

If BT Consumer arranged a Cube engineer ( I’m aware  Talk a Talk use these people, I didn’t know BT did ) then presumably your line must appear to be testing  OK, otherwise Cube wouldn’t be needed and OR would be used from the outset, even with Covid restrictions they can visit at least the outside of your property, maybe not entering it ,but Cube have already done that.
Do you have dialtone ?, if you do, is it the correct number ( dial 17070 to check ), have you tried in the master socket test port , although if a Cube engineer visited , presumably this has been done .
If the Cube engineer has in effect confirmed no issues with your router or internal wiring, and the problem is definitely in the OR network, I assume OR have been advised and the ‘fault’ is being looked at by them, have you checked what the status of the fault is with a BT ( actually asked what the problem is ?) 
It is possible, that the issue needs ‘major’ works, road excavations etc, if that’s the case it may be that council notices etc need to be obtained, which obviously take time, if you don’t ask, then you may not be aware of the issues 

0 Ratings
Yorkjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Hi yes no problem with landline, noise checks etc carried out and all OK.

0 Ratings
Yorkjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I understand that from BT's "remote diagnostics" perspective the line appears OK hence the Qube involvement.  The landline has worked fine throughout.  The hub has been plugged directly into the master socket "test" socket (by taking the front off as requested by BT, also done by Qube) and same result, purple flashing light.  It seems that OR have supposedly been involved but there has been no feedback to either myself or BT, also apparently a higher level of OR Techy called a Special Faults Investigator (SFI) requested by BT but again no feedback.

0 Ratings
Yorkjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi sorry I didn't fully answer one of the replies.  BT have been contacted numerous times and seem to be getting no feedback from OR.  Believe me it is not for want of asking.  I've been told that OR won't speak to me direct even if I could find out who to contact - they would merely refer me to the supplier aka BT.

Has anybody advice or help on how to proceed with this?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Yorkjohn I'm so sorry to see you're broadband fault has been ongoing for such a long time. I see you mentioned you've now been assigned a case manager and there is a special faults investor (SFI) visit booked in for tomorrow. At this stage, there is nothing further I can recommend you do other than wait for the visit to happen tomorrow. If the fault is still there after the visit please post back here and the moderation team be happy to help. 

0 Ratings
Yorkjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks NeilO I am waiting without much hope frankly.  I was recently informed that the "case manager" system is not in place at the moment, they are not taking cases on due to lack of staff (coronavirus).  My recent experience of OR engineer appointments is that there has been no contact with me and no result, presumably if this is the case tomorrow do I assume the fault has been looked at during the appointment period (8 to 1pm) and if it's not fixed and no contact from anyone by mid afternoon that they have been unable to fix it?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@Yorkjohn, I can appreciate that, my understanding is that if the engineer attends to the fault they will get in touch with you regardless if they visit your home address or not. There won't be anything that we will be able to do until after the appointment time but if you do need any further help I've sent a private message so you can raise this with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Yorkjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Latest information OR supposedly fixed it on 15 May but they didn't and never contacted me to see if it was working.  BT again contacted and arranged a further OR SFI investigator for Tuesday 19th May.  Now 7 weeks without and counting.  OR say everything their end is working fine, Qube say no problems in the property, but still not working.  All diagnostics from BT and OR suggesting there isn't a problem but STILL nobody from OR has been in touch to check.  Where to go from here......?

0 Ratings