cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

No Connection BTHH6

Hi,

I been having issues with my wifi network. Theres a BT Home Hub 6 and 2 netgear mesh nodes in the network. Recently we've been having some speed/connection issues. I phoned BT who said they needed to "defrag" the router. A process I've never heard of before and can't find any reference to online.

In practice "defraging" the router appears to just be a factory reset. Since the reset both mesh nodes are having issues connecting and we're frequently losing connections on all devices using the WiFi. The whole network has become unstable. 

After a second call to BT and a second "defrag" the issue isn't any better and one of the mesh nodes has stopped working full stop and doesn't seem to work even after a factory reset.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I could change or might fix it. I don't really want to phone BT again as we'll probably be fobbed off with the same "solution". Over the past few years I've done quite a bit of research into issues with BT wifi and I've come across various solutions such as using a separate DHCP server to stop sudden dropouts as the server installed on the router can be buggy which causes the dropouts.

I have been (successfully until these resets) been using a raspberry pi as my DHCP server but since the resets it doesn't seem to be making any difference. Devices are losing connection left right and center.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings