cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

No FTTP Fibre Broadband for 4 weeks

On the 17th September the red LOS light came on the fibre box. That was the last time I had 70mb FTTP. 

Since then I have been on the phone to BT daily, received numerous fix dates and have even been told recently that it has been fixed. Logging in to my fault tracker online, tells me there have been two faults and they have both been resolved.

BT blame Openreach, I managed to speak to an engineer from Openreach, and only becuase he was here to fix a neighbour's lost FTTP connection (which he fixed within 48 hours), he told me the fault for my property was not even on his log and was not showing.

I am now at the point of being told I will get an update tomorrow, every time I call, 9 times out of ten I do not get a call back.

I am exasperated, and spending an hour a day on a queue, speaking to a different person each time, to try and get this resolved, as it looks to me that this will never get fixed.

I would switch suppliers right now and let BT take me to court as I would terminate my contract, but I can't get another supplier because Openreach would still need to fix the fault!

Please could somebody help with this, this is serious now. We work form home in these difficult times, I have two teenage sons and I had a smart home before all of this, which now is not so smart. I am about to rewire my old manual thermostat for goodness sake.

BT sent me a 4G router a few days ago, bearing in mind my O2 phone gives me 14mb on 4G, the EE network BT use struggles to give me 2mb at best. This is not acceptable.

Please help.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: No FTTP Fibre Broadband for 4 weeks

are you dealing with the FTTP team on 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

thanks, yes, I have been. Got nowhere. Just had a call from them, and again I am awaiting a call later today from them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

unfortunately they are the people who deal with your FTTP problems and you need to persevere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings