Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

No Fibre Broadband Availability

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could offer some help or advice

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to find a solution but have had no luck

i purchased my property but it was empty for a while - I have now tried to set up broadband, but there was no fibre availability

I’m now trying to set up broadband, but can only get a copper connection (with all providers) 

a connection became available briefly (with sky) but that has now gone

I need a fast connection for work purposes, and I’m a bit stuck

ive been checking availability with all providers, but have had no luck

ive been informed that BT have the most connections, I’ve emailed openreach, but I’ve had no luck

What would be the best way to proceed do you think? It’s driving me a bit up the wall checking constantly

Is it best to just keep checking, or should I set up a copper connection and ask to be upgraded when available? Would this happen automatically, or would I need to keep checking 

I would appreciate any help or guidance Please as I feel a bit stuck right now.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Fibre Broadband Availability

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean) LM1878_0-1608754152048.gif

73.853.12013.946.8Waiting listWaiting listVDSL Range B (Impacted) LM1878_1-1608754152049.gif

71.94919.912.440Waiting listWaiting list
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2.5--1.5 to 4Available
Up to 2.5Up to 0.51.5 to 4Available
Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
1----Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Jan 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@LM1878 

There is a waiting list, which means that there are no connections for any provider. BT Retail do not get any priority.

You would have to accept an ADSL connection to start with, then upgrade when there is no waiting list.

This forum can only help, if you intend to place an order with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for your reply

is there a way to get on the waiting list at all?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@LM1878 wrote:

Thanks for your reply

is there a way to get on the waiting list at all?

No, its not really a waiting list, it just a case of applying when you see a free space. Its best to have an existing connection first, as it makes it quicker to simply upgrade.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks again

i am looking to join BT, the problem I have is that I would potentially have to pay out for more 4G data whilst paying for the broadband connection, which may not be usable at 1-3mbps, I just can’t afford both at the same time

is it just a case of checking daily and hoping I get lucky with a slot opening up?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

the only way for you to progress is as @Keith_Beddoe  says. Get an ADSL connection first then every day use the DSLChecker to see if a port is available and order straight away.

There is no waiting list, it is first come first served.

Which exchange and cab number as you missed posting them?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

thanks for the advice

Address 49, on Exchange HIGH WYCOMBE is served by Cabinet 65

I would be happy to pay for the adsl connection, even if I don’t use it, if it increases my chances of getting fibre

if It makes no difference, it would make more sense financially not to pay for a service I can’t use (that is the debate I’m having) - especially if I am tied into a 24 month contract for adsl, and a fibre connection with another provider comes up

i am not sure if we have any connection or phone line as the property was empty for some time - would this be an issue with securing fibre? (Ie if I paid for it, but then there was a delay with setup as a new connection may be needed, then the slot goes to someone else?)

sorry for asking to many questions, I’m just very stuck 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

As already posted your bets way forward is to select your ISP and place an order for adsl and phoneline. Once you have connection then keep checking dslchecker and when you see available then contact ISP to upgrade to FTTC.  There is no slots allocated to ISP But simply first come first served

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@LM1878 wrote:

Thanks again

i am looking to join BT, the problem I have is that I would potentially have to pay out for more 4G data whilst paying for the broadband connection, which may not be usable at 1-3mbps, I just can’t afford both at the same time

is it just a case of checking daily and hoping I get lucky with a slot opening up?

If your 4G connection is better, why not simply use that with a generous data plan?

You may actually get a faster speed than 3Mbs on ADSL, as that is often an underestimate.

As @pippincp  has said, get an ADSL connection first, then once you have a BT Retail phone number, then use it on the availability checker, and you just may be lucky. Until you get a phone line connected, you are not going to know.

0 Ratings