cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

No Fibre service since 03/10 fix due 16/10

I have been without our expensive fibre broadband service since the early hours of the 03rd of October 2020. I have been told that the issue is a major service outage that will maybe not be fixed until the 16th of October 2020. BT have provided me with a mini home hub for 4G connection, but cannot guarantee a fix date for the problem. This is totally unacceptable due to there being 2 professional adults requiring the constant use of Teams, Zoom etc which do not work properly with this 4G minihub. Basically we cannot do our jobs properly and are failing our employers. From the conversations that I have had with the BT team I have little confidence that there is any understanding of what the issue is or when the problem will be solved. I am even unsure whether they know if it is an issue which is particular to my home or a wider issue. The service diagnostics which you get through My BT have been diabolical- changing on a daily basis  and often showing that there is no issue in my area or on my account even though I have a problem logged with BT. I just feel completely in the dark about when or how my issue will be resolved and wonder if I can get some support on what I should do next.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Fibre service since 03/10 fix due 16/10

The fact it's a major service outage is the clue, this means it's likely affecting all (or a lot) of your area. BT aren't actually responsible for the network either so can only pass on the info from openreach so they are likely limited on what info they have as well

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Have you tried going to help at top of page and then check service in my area?

it is openreach who are responsible for repairing the faults and BT like other ISPs just need to wait until openreach can schedule then repair the fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 11

Appreciate your response. Despite it being described as a major service outage, our close neighbours who also have Fibre to the house are not affected also when I search the service status there is no clear issue identified-Surely this is strange for a major service outage?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Potton exchange?

Message 6 of 11

It should be a Coventry exchange- but thanks for the response

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

It's not an infrastructure then as this is all that Openreach list.

2020-10-07 10_31_08-Microsoft Excel (Product Activation Failed) - Fibre9AM  [Read-Only].png

Message 8 of 11

I appreciate your support pippincp, thank you

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Another day goes by with no call or update from BT dispite registering for it, no sign of compensation against my bill due to come out of my account on 12/10. It’s really very poor customer service

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

6 days have now passed with no call or update from BT regarding my lack of Fibre broadband, this despite registering for any updates to my mobile.  There is also no sign of compensation against my bill due to come out of my account on 12/10. I guess tomorrow, that I will have to call BT to try to find out if anyone has an update in what has happened. What terrible customer service 😞

0 Ratings