cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: No Infinity connection between beyond wall socket but cannot get Engineer to diagnose problem.

You will need to use a filter when connecting the rj11 cable.  Your existing Asus router is fine don't  need to use hub.

If you can get Internet when using the test socket then you really don't need an engineer visit and it may cost you £129.99

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Djgrr
Message 12 of 14

Re: No Infinity connection between beyond wall socket but cannot get Engineer to diagnose problem.

Have removed the face plate, plugged the filter in and connected the dsl cable, (tried 2 different cables). Tried the white open reach box and the Asus router and neither detect any kind of dsl. To me, that confirms the issue is outside of the house. Any disagreement?

The filter is clearly quite complex given its size. Presumably there is something within it that responds to ping (or whatever the BT diagnostics use). Is there any other possible reason it's within the household?

I'd rather not spend my bank holiday without Internet given I've made a number of plans dependent on it!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

if you have used the test socket and still no broadband but have a dialtone then suggests problem outside your home and need get engineer visit by phoning customer services

Faults  0330 123 4567

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

@Djgrr wrote:

The filter is clearly quite complex given its size. Presumably there is something within it that responds to ping (or whatever the BT diagnostics use). Is there any other possible reason it's within the household?

There is nothing complex about a DSL filter, it is simply a passive filter to stop the broadband signal interfering with the phone signal.

0 Ratings