Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nidriks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

No Infinity for 9 days - information sorely lacking

Go to solution

I've had no infinity in BH4 for 9 days now and I just wanted to guage if anyone else was in the same boat.

Every day I see a time for the problem to be fixed, and every day that deadline is not met. I've raised a fault which BT somehow tagged with 'complete' when it wasn't, and I had to raise a new fault.

Every method of communication (the intro message when you ring, the fault tracker, my raised fault) gives me a different time for the fault to be fixed, my attempt to complain got me nowhere, and I'm starting to lose all will to live with this dreadful companies poor customer service.

I just want answers.

I started looking at new broadband providers yesterday because I am just sick of this situation. I then find myself wondering if I'd even get broadband from another provider or whether this apparent fault would cause problems with that.

I've considered contacting the ombudsman to see what my rights are and whether I can demand BT should have fixed this by now.

In my mind 9 days is too long when I am paying a good amount of money for a service, and the fact I get next to no information is not good enough. I've been with BT many years and I like to think I am a loyal customer. So why am I treated this way?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: No Infinity for 9 days - information sorely lacking

Go to solution

Hi @nidriks,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have trying to get your fault fixed. As you can post here I'm assuming you might be able to use our live chat service. You can reach the tech team at the following link: BT Tech Chat

That team should be able to give you an update and let you know what's happening.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
nidriks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you @DanielS, I will try that tomorrow when I have a free day. I have spoken to three other customer service people and one said that they would have the only information available, but I guess it is worth a go.

I have internet only because I went out and bought a dongle from my mobile provider. The way BT are going about getting this fault fixed I'm thinking I will get through the 12GB of allowance on the dongle easily.

Sorry, this fault is making me sarcastic. Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

You are very welcome @nidriks.

Can you click on my user name and then click on contact the mods? It'll send us through a ticket to look into your account. It'll take us approximately 5 working days, at this time, to pick it up but if you still have issues we'll own the issue until it's fixed.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
nidriks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for your help @DanielS. I have done what you said and contacted the mods.

I actually just got a message from BT to say that the problem has been fixed, but I plugged in the hub and I still have no connection. I think it may have been just a delayed message from the fault someone changed to 'completed', because the fault effecting my area is still active on the fault tracker.

I have to go to work now, but what I will do in the morning is plug in my old home hub and see if that works. It was a thunderstorm that knocked the internet out, and I guess it's possible the fault may have been fixed but my hub 5 sustained damage.

I'll try that chat option you suggested in the morning too.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings
nidriks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks to the suggestion of @DanielS I am back online. I spoke to tech chat and they sent me a new Home Hub. The only problem is I am only getting speeds of about 35 Mbps on Infinity 2. I was getting 75 before the outages.

At first I thought the problem was still apparent because the hub was showing an orange light, but it must have taken a while to warm up before going to a blue light. 

Am I seeing after effects of the outages in my speed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from the home hub?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nidriks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@Webby

Sure:

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ43226290
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 05/08/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 02:35:06
6. Data rate:16997 / 38274
7. Maximum data rate:32025 / 95274
8. Noise margin:13.6 / 21.6
9. Line attenuation:7.1 / 9.3
10. Signal attenuation:7.1 / 9.3
11. Data sent/received:264.0 MB / 4.9 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-T6Q2
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-T6Q2
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:c8:91:f9:52:d4:b0
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0

I was talking with a friend and he suggested it might be because my IP has been unstable and it may just need time to revert to a more accurate speed.

0 Ratings
nidriks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I'm tempted to say I've been incorrectly moved to Infinity 1. I ran a BTWholesale speed test and it says my max achievable speed is 37.05 Mbps. MyBT does say I am on Infinity 2 though.

Download Speed
 35.64 Mbps

0 Mbps37.05 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 35.64 Mbps
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 37.05 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 12.95 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 12.95Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
You're on Infinity 2, the upload profile confirms that.

You've likely had a dropping connection and as a result your noise margin has been increased (to 21db which is very high).

Leave it alone and the speed should gradually return over the next few weeks as the noise margin reduces (providing the line is stable).
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’