cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andysim212
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No Internet. 10 days and nothing from BT on how long.

On the 7th I phoned BT as I was getting intermittent drop outs on infinity. They got an engineer to track down the fault and it was under a road and would need to be dug out. He disconnected the Internet and I've heard nothing back from them since. I phoned the help desk and was told it was being looked into but may take a while. 10 days later.. Nothing not a single thing from them. What to do? Driving me insane lol.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
markyd91
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Internet. 10 days and nothing from BT on how long.

I would call them back and ask them to suspend your service until the fault is rectified. Otherwise your paying for a line you can't use. You could ask them to supply a 3G / 4G dongle whilst you have no service. Seems only fair.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The line problem and it's repair is down to Openreach not BT BT can only give you the information they have normally underground repairs can take longer as street works licences will be needed to carry out the work on t he line
0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Andysim212 wrote:
On the 7th I phoned BT as I was getting intermittent drop outs on infinity. They got an engineer to track down the fault and it was under a road and would need to be dug out. He disconnected the Internet and I've heard nothing back from them since. I phoned the help desk and was told it was being looked into but may take a while. 10 days later.. Nothing not a single thing from them. What to do? Driving me insane lol.

Andysim212 - I know it doesn't help but you can ask them for compensation. If they don't fix it within 3 days then you can get compensation. I also agree with asking for an alternative services - 3G / 4G dongle etc. but I wouldn't hold your breath on getting it.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings