cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banana999
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

No Internet or Dial Tone

Starting from a few hours ago I have no internet (Purple flashing light on Smart Hub) and no dial tone on my landline.
I tried connecting the landline without the micro filter as well, no difference.
Can I provide my details to someone so they can have it checked out please? Thanks.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: No Internet or Dial Tone

Have you checked to see if there is aproblem in your area using the status page.

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

If there is not a general problem you need to contact BT and report a telephone fault and they will check the line for you.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 7

You have no internet because you have no dial tone. Report a landline fault. Don't mention broadband.

0 Ratings
banana999
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

There's nothing showing on there for my number, no. Is there a number I can call where I won't have to wait on hold for ages? Or do I use the chat?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

See link

BT Faults

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 7

You can use chat to report no dial tone.

0 Ratings
banana999
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the links, I've reported it through chat and I think it's an issue with the area and not just me, at least that's what I think they said.

Not very pleased with them saying it is probably going to be fixed on Monday though, and I doubt I'm going to get any compensation for it not working?
0 Ratings