Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eve2
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No Service Internet or Phone for a week

Go to solution
Broadband stopped a week ago, as did our landline.
Engineer called the next day and said it was broken cables in a junction box nearby and that Outreach deal with that.
BT app kept giving me repair schedule of “within two days...”
Still no phone or broadband and app now says that “problem resolved”
Customer Services in India and assure us today that the problems will be resolved by 5.00 tomorrow.
My EE mobile bill has just soared to £78 this month due to having to buy data add on to access my emails etc as I work from home.
Why do they keep pushing the repair date forward and now say the matter is resolved yet nothing appears to have been done.
Extremely frustrated
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Service Internet or Phone for a week

Go to solution

Which exchange and cab number?

0 Ratings
Eve2
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Sorry I don’t know but the engineer said it was a major junction box on Church Road in Lytham St Anne’s and that the cables has “greyed” and worsened with the damp weather.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I can't find any info on the Openreach site for St Anne's exchange. I wonder if the mods can get an expected repair date?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Eve2 I'm sorry about the delay getting your line and broadband repaired the fault will only be listed if it's affecting multiple lines, if you send over your details we'll chase this with Openreach to find out what's happening. 

You can find the 'click here to contact the mods' link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Eve2

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this afternoon.

I'm pleased that your services are up and running again.  The engineer identified a battery contact fault which was affecting your services.

I'll go ahead and close things off from here as agreed. If you need help or have a question about your BT services in future feel free to come back on to the Community and create a thread in the relevant board Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Eve2
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie, your service and prompt assistance have been invaluable and we felt very isolated until your extremely courteous and efficient help got us a positive outcome after nearly three weeks with no landline and broadband.
0 Ratings
Eve2
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks so much, Robbie, your efficient and extremely helpful assistance got us through three awful weeks without landline and broadband, and resulted in a positive outcome today.
0 Ratings