cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

No Service for a week

I had my fibre cable severed by Cambridge water last week (Monday) when they were working on a neigbours property. They assured me they had reported this and someone would be out within the hour! Needless to say after 3 hours no sign of anyone so I called it in to BT who confirmed no report had been made. I was advised an openreach engineer would be out Wednesday. On Wednesday the engineer came out- I showed him the offending cable which had been buried approx 50mm directly in the ground with no protection (I had already had BT out previously as part of the cable was actually exposed on the surface and needed reburying). He eventually made a plan for another engineer to come out and lay a new cable using a neigbours ducting and a short run of duct to my property - he said this would be done tomorrow (Thursday). Thursday came and went nothing. Friday afternoon I called BT for an update. The customer service representative knew less than I did- at one point she even asked if I was sure it hadnt been fixed!!! I pleaded with her for an answer - she could tell me nothing.

So its now a full week later- no broadband, phone or any idea when open reach might return. I have no broadband and I work from home 1/2 the week. My wife is a teacher and cannot access any of her shared work folders. My 3 kids at college are unable to complete any of there online work. My mother in law is in hospital and we have missed vital calls as mobile signal where we live is abysmal. I explained all of this and all I get is a shrug of the shoulders. Pitiful customer service- does anyone have any idea how I can get any answers?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: No Service for a week

Unfortunately alot of this stuff does need to get funneled through the ISP which is a pain because the commination between OR and BT could be better....

However I thought you could report damage directly to Openreach: Report damage, vandalism or a health & safety issue | Openreach

This should at least open some tracked dialogue with them.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings