cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

No Upgrade

I received a letter in the post  telling me that I’d be receiving a new Smart Hub 2 in the post and that on the 17th July my current copper connection would be turned off and I will be switched to fibre broadband. Letter also states that this will be completely free. Brilliant, I thought. 17th July rolled around. Zip, nada, nothing, happened. Now, in the past 10 days I have received three, yes three, identical emails each stating that my new faster connection will start the following day. The latest of these arrived Thursday last, with Friday given as the date of the upgrade. And still nothing. As I am working from home, and the emails each state I may lose connection for 1/2 hour or so I am ringing my boss to tell him that I may disappear for a short while, but each time it’s not happened. Please, can some someone shed some light on what’s going on, and whether I will EVER get my faster speeds? Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Upgrade

@Cazzablanca 

I know that areas are now beginning to upgrade from WBC to FTTC/FTTP - there has been delays due to covid as engineers etc. may need to attend to install/rewire the cabinet, so I dont think the dates quite match up at the moment.

Maybe its worth calling BT to see if they can give you a more accurate date for work commitments etc.

Ben

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Ben. I didn’t ask for an upgrade, but to be told I’m getting one, and then for them not to carry it out is just infuriating. Understand re engineers, but really, it doesn’t seem like their left hand knows what their right hand is doing! Thank god I don’t need to take a day off for them to visit - I’d be livid if I’d lost three days hols for nowt!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information .

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings