cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flanagan
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

No broad band

I have had no internet all week have connected bt serveral times with no help what so ever. It just cut of said they woukd send someone out twice was a fault on there behalf but havent when i call they say they can fix it with out voming into my home but as of yet no word from bt and no internet for almost a week help what should i do ??
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: No broad band

Welcome to this user forum. @Flanagan 

Is your phone line working?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Is there any problems shown here. https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Flanagan
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

I have a phone line but dont use the phone or even have it pluged in. We mainly use it for my work and the kids homework netflix and that bt has not helped at all but said it is a fault on there side 😢
0 Ratings
Flanagan
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Yes said is a fault all week but nothing getting sorted
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

The first basic check is to see if you have a working phone line. Without dial tone you need to report phone fault to 151. Not broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

You will need to test for noise using a phone, as noise on your line will cause dropouts. There is no other way to do it.

Buy a cheap (less than £10) wired phone to run a check.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

If there is a fault in your area showing on the link I posted then you need to wait on openreach repairing it

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Which exchange? Not Thornton Heath is it?

0 Ratings
Flanagan
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

No fault in my area again called bt they said if fault with my line they will charge me 85pd seems like they just want the money and is no probelm have emailed gavin patterson coe of bt see if he ignores this also digusted with bt
0 Ratings