cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No broadband after activation

Hello

I switched yesterday from Now broadband to BT fibre broadband. I set the router up early in the morning and it was blue straight away and working. At around 11am the internet went off (solid orange light) assumed this was normal and would be back on before midnight. Its now the next morning and I still have no broadband. Have done several reboots and even tried the test socket but still a solid orange light. I have no landline phone to check the line. Can anyone help? Causing a lot of issues as myself and partner both work from home.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No broadband after activation

Have you spoken to customer services?

Can you borrow a phone from a neighbour to check for dial tone and 17070 reads back the right number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@licquorice wrote:

Have you spoken to customer services?

Can you borrow a phone from a neighbour to check for dial tone and 17070 reads back the right number.

Unless its a SOGEA connection, then there will be nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

???

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Ok, I read that as unless it is a SOGEA connection there will be nothing rather than if it is a SOGEA connection there won't be dial tone.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Has BT activated  your Broadband. I had similar problems I was given an Activation date by BT did not do it on that. It took them more than 5 days from actual activation date to activate my broadband. You need to call BT to find out why you do not have connection.

0 Ratings