Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCalado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

No broadband connection

Hello,
I place an order with the BT for fibre optic and phone line. The activated date was yesterday but only landline working. No broadband connection at all. I called this morning to know why my broadband it's not working and the lady, after 25m on the line, just told me that Open reach was trying to sort it out the issue. I was with Sky fibre optic with no problems at all.
Now I don't have internet, don't know what is going on and when I will have the service. The lady just told me to wait till Friday and then they will update me of the outcome.
Can anyone tell me, if you have this issue, how long you will without service? And why?

Thank you
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: No broadband connection

this is customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

check to see if FTTC available. Even though you had fibre with SKY does not mean there is not a waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 15

I wonder if the wait until Friday is because that's when the Openreach database is updated and there could be a problem with the migration?

No doubt we'll find out in 2 days.

NCalado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. However, I didn't understood, the waiting list part. I place the order on 18th of August and then, an email from BT with the activation date, etc.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Even though you had a fibre connection with sky when terminate contract with sky your fibre connection is terminated and not transferred with you but if a waiting list it goes to first person on list and you would join the waiting list. BT may have agreed your fibre connection only to find openreach have a queue for your cabinet

by posting dslchecker results will see if waiting list. If no waiting then obviously delay is another reason

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
NCalado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Hello,
Thank you for your replay. That's exactly that! I decide to call again to try to understand what it's going on and they told me, after speaking with an engineer from Open reach, there is a faulty on the service and the engineers are working on it and hope to have this resolved in 24h.
Let's see..

Thank you
0 Ratings
NCalado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Hi,
The service with the Sky was active until the BT proceed to the transfer. And they successfully, transfer the landline. My landline is active and working with the BT since yesterday afternoon.
I'm sorry, but I don't know how can I post the results. Could you help me again, please?

0 Ratings
NCalado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Sorry. First time on it.
I didnt know how to post the results, so, I just tough like this would be easier.
Apologies. 😑
0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 9 of 15

A word to the wise, @NCalado - It's not a good idea to post your phone number on a public forum.

@imjolly, @pippincp - Can you please edit it out?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Please delete your phone number as public forum and you may get more scam calls than you can handle

from running in checker gives estimated range 49/35mb fir your number and available. Just need to wait until Friday and if still no activation then post back and we can see if forum mods can help

enter phone number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html