Message 11 of 80

Re: No broadband for a month—nothing from BT

I want this escalated to a mod 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 80

Re: No broadband for a month—nothing from BT

Moreover, we shouldn't be told and promised any dates if you don't know them yourselves. The online fault tracker has been useless for that...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 80

No communication from BT about a month long outage

I’ve had no broadband for a month now after a vehicle damaged a green box. I’m well aware that it’s not BT’s timescale but the lack of communication and clear alternative to the problem has resulted in me needing to take an hour’s commute to go into university where I can use the internet to get my thesis done. The point I’m trying to raise is BT shouldn’t keep ringing us to say it’s fixed (happened twice now) or that it’s due to be fixed soon (lost count). Where can I go from here? I’d ideally like to raise a complaint with the way we’ve been treated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

this is a openreach problem as cab was damaged by a car and problem is getting council approval for work something omitted from this post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 80

Re: No communication from BT about a month long outage

@Boss89 

Try looking on one.network (was roadworks.org) to see if Openreach have notified your local council of any upcoming work that might need traffic lights or road closures etc. You may have to register to see dates over two weeks ahead though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 80

You’re missing the point of my complaint. I want an accurate fix date, I’m not expecting openreach to break the laws of it overnight. It’s been a month of false promises. We were promised the 20th February...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 80

Why can’t BT say when it’ll be fixed rather than promising dates that aren’t possible? I’d like a mod in this please 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 80

@Boss89 

Not missing the point at all, had exact same situation 4 miles away in 2018.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/hadleigh-heath-suffolk-faster-internet-delays-bt-openreach-1-5807059

It took five months to fix as Openreach decided that as box had already been hit once then it probably would be hit again if left in same place.

All I am saying is that, if roadworks are necessary, they will be on one.network in advance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 80

Hi @Boss89,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry that you have been without service for such a long period of time and that we haven't been able to provide you with a fix date.

The MOD team are a really small team and we only get involved in cases that we feel we can speed up the resolution/fix for the customer. Due to the nature of your cases and the work that is required we won't be able to speed up this resolution. 

Sorry, we won't be able to take on this case.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 80

There is no reference of any work in one.network and BT said that they haven't even applied for permission yet. They "hoped" to get the service restored by the end of the month, bringing this case to a 2-month long outage. Franky, that's unnaceptable and as someone who works from home, I expected at least some form of alternative. 

0 Ratings