cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

Also how is it that my neighbor (also a BT customer) has internet back?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 80

@Boss89 wrote:

Also how is it that my neighbor (also a BT customer) has internet back?

Has it only just come back?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 80

It's been back for a few days 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 80

have you checked to see if cab been repaired/replaced?

Have you checked they are a BT Retail customer on same cab as you as in previous post you say 'BT' when you actually mean openreach

which exchange and cab are you on?   if unsure then enter your phone number here    https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 80

@Boss89 wrote:

It's been back for a few days 

I assume you still do not have dial tone on your phone?

When a cabinet is damaged, Openreach will attempt to connect through as many undamaged connections as possible. Sometimes its difficult to identify which E (Exchange) side should connect to the appropriate D (distribution) side, owing to incorrect records or snapped cables.

You neighbour may have been lucky that their connection was not too badly damaged.

What generally happens is that they will "tone" each pair through to the correct property, so you may get a visit.

This is very time consuming, and priority is given to business customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 80

We have a dial tone and BT now says it requires an engineer to come for a second time to look at our side of the line since other customers (not with BT) have reported that their connection has been resored. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 80

@Boss89 wrote:

We have a dial tone and BT now says it requires an engineer to come for a second time to look at our side of the line since other customers (not with BT) have reported that their connection has been resored. 

As you have posted on the ADSL board, then I assume you have normal broadband which comes direct from the exchange and not superfast broadband that comes from the cabinet.

In that case, the provided your phone number is correct (dial 17070 to find out), then your broadband should now work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 80

That hasn't fixed anything, I'm very concerned that no matter who I speak to (I've actually spoken to openreach in person) and they said that BT wasn't given a priority since "their engineers have it in hand" .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 80

So If you have a dial tone can you connect your hub - what colour is the hub light?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 30 of 80

I went through this with the engineer who visited my neighbor (something we've been asking for for weeks) and he told us there's nothing he can do because some engineers haven't fixed our line yet. The light is orange, the internet is disconnected 

0 Ratings