cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 80

No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

So about 2 weeks ago our landline and broadband went down And since then it’s been nearly 2 weeks of new fix dates, all of which have passed with no broadband or landline. I’m due a PhD interview over Skype (from home too) all before it’s promised to be fixed. I don’t wish to make a complaint, rather I just want to find out what’s going on? Naturally, it’s quite concerning that I can’t guarantee an internet connection for a big interview 

0 Ratings
79 REPLIES 79
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

Hi @Boss89, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are having a long wait to get a fault with your service fixed. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you find out what is going on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 80

No broadband for a month—nothing from BT

So a while back (4weeks) a car hit a green box and wiped out the internet for my estate and the 3 others around me. Fast forward a letter, 6 phone calls and a chain of emails and the latest is that they need to dig the road up to fix the issue. That was 2 weeks ago and we still have no internet. What can we do to fix this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 80

Re: No broadband for a month—nothing from BT

It is openreach who will repair/replace the street cabinet and there is nothing any ISP including BT can do until openreach  do the work.  This may include obtaining council permission to dig up the road and the resulting traffic problems/ temp traffic lights

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 80

What’s the procedure for compensation?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 80

It's a standard amount based on number of days with no service and will be added to your account once service fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 80

I'm well aware of the agencies involved in this near month long project to restore the damage. The fact remains BT hasn't been passing anything onto us and as I said, the people I live with including myself have dissertations and job interviews all based online. The fact that there's been a sustained communication blackout has made all of this much worse. The fact that we were told on the phone that the blame is shared between the council and openreach hasn't helped much either. The conclusion of that phone call was that there is no fix date, a month after the accident knocked out the box...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 80

As I said already there is nothing BT or any other ISP can do to make openreach and the council get your cabinet restored and working any faster

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 80

You aren't seeing the intention of my complaint. I have had to find this out by speaking to BT on the phone across several different weeks. The onus should not be on the customer to report these issues and relay information to the ISP. As I said, I'm not expecting an instant fix but a truthful date of resolution that will serve to ease the frustration of having an hour's commute to University to use the internet there. 

0 Ratings