Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

@Boss89 wrote:

I went through this with the engineer who visited my neighbor (something we've been asking for for weeks) and he told us there's nothing he can do because some engineers haven't fixed our line yet. The light is orange, the internet is disconnected 

You still have not confirmed whether you are on normal broadband, or superfast broadband, as that makes a difference if its the fibre cabinet that has been damaged.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 80

This is why I requested help from a mod or engineer. The connection is copper (hence why I posted in this forum). I’ve now been promised that an engineer is going to come and fix it today. This will be substantiated in a written complaint. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 80

If you have dialtone then a connection to the exchange should be restored, you haven’t confirmed if you have dialled 17070 and confirmed if the number the AVR reads out is the correct one.
If the problem was a copper cabinet (PCP) was demolished in a road traffic accident, then your ADSL connection , which is in the exchange, should be unaffected, so if you have dialtone , and the number is correct , then the question is why no ‘internet’, if dialling 17070 gives a number different to the one you were expecting , then your line has been crossed with someone else’s line, probably when the work to repair the crash damage was being done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 80

I've told you several times now. The internet is not connected and I can't use it. I feel like this is a massive waste of my time 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 80

Your internet is delivered over your phone line, it’s unclear why you won’t take the simple step to establish if your phone line has the correct number on it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 80

I’ve told you an engineer has come out to try and I tried it myself. Telling me to dial this number isn’t going to flip a switch is it? I suggest someone from BT agents involved go resolve this before I cancel. The engineer said it’s up to BT to reconnect us since the box is fixed 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 80

What switch is it you are expecting someone to flip ?

If you are on ADSL, ( not FTTC/VDSL both delivered over copper , but ADSL is exchange based , and that’s what you say you have ) , and your problem started when a RTA damaged a street cabinet , and you lost your phone line, but now it’s back , and it’s got the correct number on it, then considering no one touched your connection in the exchange, then the question is why the broadband hasn’t stated working if the phone line has...my suspicion is that you may have dialtone but the wrong number ( easily done if a cab is demolished and potentially hundreds of connections need to be re made ) , if for arguments sake you have someone else’s number , and they don’t have broadband, or broadband with a different provider, then your BT router and BT credentials will not work on say a Post Office line...asking you to dial 17070 simply confirms if you have your own service back, Suffice to say, makes no difference to me wether you do or don’t.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 80

@Boss89 wrote:

I’ve told you an engineer has come out to try and I tried it myself. Telling me to dial this number isn’t going to flip a switch is it? I suggest someone from BT agents involved go resolve this before I cancel. The engineer said it’s up to BT to reconnect us since the box is fixed 

As you do not want to answer the question I have asked, then if you are on ADSL, then once you have dial tone with the correct number, then broadband will work, because it comes from the exchange not the cabinet.

I suspect that you are not in fact on ADSL, and are on BT superfast broadband, where it comes from the cabinet, so if the cabinet equipment has been damaged, then you will just get dial tone, and no broadband, as its possible the cabinet has been bypassed so people get a basic phone line.

Based on that, I will move this thread to the FTTC board.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 39 of 80

If you can confirm your exchange and cab number I can have a look for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 80

I believe I have been very clear in stating that my broadband is ADSL, the engineer I talked to earlier today told me that the number is fine but it's on bt to reconfigure outlr connection. He said there are 25 customers on the DSLAM and BT needs to come out and reconnect it. I'll save you the time 

0 Ratings