Message 41 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

Broadband is not working

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 42 of 80

I think this needs to be taken further. I've had 2 engineer visits and both times they've said BT needs to come out to fix the box. Openreach has signed it off now and it's BT's responsibility to connect us according to the engineer. He said BT is the only provider who hasn't configured their customer's line. I once again request for someone from BT to address this issue. 

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 43 of 80

So apparently, your broadband that is delivered from the exchange ( not street cabinet ) has somehow been disconnected or disabled because of an accident that happened potentially miles away in a street cabinet, this accident damage has been repaired ( indicated by the reinstatement of your telephony ) and this disconnection or disablement ( which was unnecessary, achieved nothing , or more likely never happened ) needs to be reversed to restore your broadband....why would ‘BT’ go to the trouble of disconnecting your ‘line’ from the DSLAM, in the exchange, knowing that they would have to reconnect it later, when disconnecting it serves no purpose whatsoever ?

Something doesn’t add up, if, as you maintain , you are on exchange based ADSL, and your phone service is restored , the correct number is present ( something you don't want to check yourself for whatever reason ) then this frankly mythical disconnection is what you are counting on, but if the disconnection in the exchange ( physical or switch flicking ) never actually happened , then what ? whatever your issue is, it isn’t likely to be that, but you don’t want to engage with any other  possibility.

Anyway, good luck, hopefully you will get service back soon, whatever the real cause of the problem was.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 80

@Boss89 wrote:

I believe I have been very clear in stating that my broadband is ADSL, the engineer I talked to earlier today told me that the number is fine but it's on bt to reconfigure outlr connection. He said there are 25 customers on the DSLAM and BT needs to come out and reconnect it. I'll save you the time 

The DSLAM is in the exchange on ADSL, and would not be affected by damage to the cabinet, provided you have the correct number, and not a crossed line, which can happen if a cabinet is damaged, and the local records are incorrect.

Nobody needs to com out and reconnect it, as @iniltous  has already said.

This is only a customer to customer help forum.

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 45 of 80

So you're telling me what en engineer told me is all wrong? why am I on trial here for something as simple as a boradbanf reconnection? so far all you tried to do was poke holes in my story rather than help me. The openreach engineer who I spoke to today confirmed that BT has not yet managed to restore our connection and that we need to take it up with them. 

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 46 of 80

Don't bother, I'm raising it with BT...

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 80

Hi @Boss89 ,

I have just read through this thread and cannot understand why you are refusing to answer the questions you keep being asked by the very helpful members on here but just keep repeating heresay comments from BT/OR.

Please answer the questions or let them forget about it.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 48 of 80

I’m not saying what the OR engineer said was wrong, I wasn’t there , but myself and others here are actually trying to give you some assistance, you seem reluctant to accept.
What myself and others  have offered is a way for yourself to clarify the issue and if necessary, challenge the OR engineer, for example if they say it’s down to ‘BT’, you could ask, ‘ so has my line been physically removed from the exchange DSLAM, and currently jumpered as a DEL or are you saying my line is connected to a DSLAM port but not giving a sync, ‘ , either way, why doesn’t OR person want to call the ISP if the port isn’t configured , and if it’s not jumpered ask why and rejumper it  ? ( both options an OR engineer is allowed to do)
Personally , I think the scenario that fits best, is your exchange based broadband and landline  was knocked out with the RTA, when the restoration done , your ‘line’ was connected back to the exchange on the wrong cable pair , easily checked by dialling 17070 and listening.

The AVR is along the lines of ‘this circuit is defined as 01***,******’, if it’s the correct number , my suspicion is wrong, if it is the wrong number, you tell the OR and they correct it, what you have been asked so far is to do nothing more than confirm you have dialtone  with correct number and the type of broadband service you are paying for, confirming these things is essential to pin down the issue, but if you prefer to not be pro active and simply report it to your provider and complain about the time it’s taking , then that’s up to you, this forum isn’t really the place to post ‘why I hate BT’ and wait for the ‘likes’ 

Boss89
Contributor
Message 49 of 80

I think we're stuck in a negative feedback loop here--youy assume I have an in depth knowledge of BT's infrastructure and I am most certainly not posting for the "likes". I've said several times that I do have a dial tone but no internet, and dialing the magic number confirms the right circuit. How am I supposed to know what a jumper is? Did you expect me to ask all this when I barely know how any of this works? I can't see this being resolved here so I'd like this thread closed.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 50 of 80

Hi @Boss89, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry your broadband isn't working at the moment, I appreciate the inconvenience this can cause. I don't believe anyone was trying to undermine your situation with the questions they were asking as checking the number is correct on the line is one of the things to do after a line has been reconnected when a cabinet is damaged as it's not uncommon for the line to be connected to the wrong number which in turn means the broadband won't work.

I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to check the fault status and find out what's happening, we're quite busy at the moment so it will take a couple of days for us to respond.  

0 Ratings