cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boss89
Contributor
Message 51 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

I've gone 5 weeks now with no landline when I've explained that 2 members of my household are either writing their dissertation or working remotely. This combined with the fact that my neighbours now have a connection is unnaceptable. In my eyes, another 24 hours would be way too much. This has to be resolved this weekend.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 80

@Boss89 wrote:

I've gone 5 weeks now with no landline.

You said earlier that your phone line (landline) is working.

Assuming you have replied to @NeilO , then you will just have to wait your turn, there is nothing anyone here can do to help you anymore.

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 53 of 80

no, there’s no “waiting for my turn” here, 5 weeks of BT changing the story. I was told this morning on the phone that “I don’t have a magic button” after I explained what the visiting engineer told me yesterday. Seems that there’s a lot to be done for customer satisfaction. To be the only household on the estate who hasn’t been reconnected seems to be a bit far in my books. I’ve not been promised Monday as a fix date after they “downgrade” my package to allow for a better chance of getting reconnected. 

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 54 of 80

Moreover, I confirmed with the council that BT never had to dig up the road—a story that was relayed to me on several occasions...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 80

@Boss89 

Sorry but everyone who comes to the forum with a problem considers that a priority so when mods offer to help you then you submit and email then join the queue of others who have what they consider a priority problem.  To ensure all priorities are treated equally the mods reply to each case in the order that the email requests for assistance are received.  You just need to wait your turn just like everyone else looking for mod help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 56 of 80

I think this thread has been exhausted. After all "BT doesn't have a magic button". My new fix date is Monday the 16th, marking the 5th week with no service. I think I'll end up back to square one seeing as this is now approaching the 5th promised date of resolution. We seem to be the only household who hasn't been reconnected. Other providers (Sky, Vodafone etc.) were all working 3 weeks ago. 

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 57 of 80

Update to Previous post—no internet for 5 weeks.

As stated in my previous post, a car hit and critically damaged a green box connected to my estate and 3 others. weeks have passed and I am still without service. To summarise: 

1. Week 1: promised a resolution inside of a week (14/02/2020)
  2. Week 2: Told that the road needed to be dug up, online fault tracker started randomly changing the date of resolution. It was here when the phone calls and misonformation started. We were left for another week with no landline or internet. 
  3. Week 3: Phone call from BT says landline and internet are all resored (not true). Later in the week we receive news from a neighbour that all lines for non BT customers are fixed and they are working fully. 
  4. That same week BT tells us the road needs to be dug up and planning permission is required. 
  5. Week 4: calls from BT confirm this story again and 2 engineers visit to make sure the landline is working and to see if we can get reconnected seeing as most other customers are connected. 
  6. Week 5: We check with the council and are told BT didn't need to dig the road up-something later confirmed by talking to our neighbours who live near the box. 
  7. After what must be over 10 phone calls to and from BT, an (unanswered) letter and several false promises we are still without internet. I was told on the phone that "BT doesn't have a magic button, we wish we could press it and fix it all for you". 
  8. Earlier today, (14/03/2020) BT says they are downgrading our speed in an attempt to reconnect us, something which must have worked since almost everyone on the estate with BT has had their service restored. 

It is essential that this matter is resolved since members of the household work remotely from home and are currently preparing thesis work. I once again reiterate the lack of professionality with the handling of my case. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 80

Re: Update to Previous post—no internet for 5 weeks.

Why post another tooic when you got all up yourself & refused the offer of help when advised what to do to get help in the prwvious one?

Boss89
Contributor
Message 59 of 80

Thank you for your constructive reply. I wanted to clarify the facts in a more helpful and civil way. Regardless, I want to address why I was told so many conflicting stories and-above all else-why I'm not connected. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 80

The only BT employees here are the mods who if you are in contact with will deal with querys in the order they are received, other than that this is mainly a customer to customer forum, i'm sure they'll respond when they reach your query

0 Ratings