cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boss89
Contributor
Message 61 of 80

Re: Update to Previous post—no internet for 5 weeks.

We've agreed that we're going to change providers seeing as there's no resolution in sight. We haven't been contacted about any of the issues and are instead left to make as many as 3 phone calls in a day, just to be told they don't know what the issue is. After all "BT doesn't have a magic button" ...

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 62 of 80

Re: Update to Previous post—no internet for 5 weeks.

Update: as of today (16/03), the promised fix date we still have no broadband...

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 63 of 80

BT Won't fix my issue or let me cancel

After a series of lackluster phone calls and false promises I now find myself 5 weeks with no broadband. I was promised it woud be fixed by today but a phone call with customer service said it won't be fixed until Thursday now. If I want to cancel my contract (fair game in mey eyes since I'm paying for a service BT failed to provice) I need to fork out £500. Suffice to say, I'm very shocked that BT hasn't fixed my fault. The person on the phone said they don't know what the fault is and can't say how it'll be rectified. 

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 64 of 80

Re: BT Won't fix my issue or let me cancel

Since campus is closed, I'm going to have to write my dissertation with no internet...

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 65 of 80

Are you on Halo? If so they should send you a 4G hub with unlimited data until they get the fault fixed

0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 66 of 80

I've been on that for 5 weeks, it doesn't work since the area has no 4g coverage. I was refused a request for a replacement by BT staff. I'm looking at failing my degree at this rate. I can't go on campus because it's shut and I can't work from home because BT keeps moving my fix date. I was told that a simple speed downgrade was all they needed to do, that was 5 days ago 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 80

As the problem is with openreach as you have been told numerous times there is nothing BT can do  however the mods offered to help and you are currently in the mods queue waiting for assistance

from your previous posts your neighbour is a BT customer and is connected to the internet so you as a BT customer should be able to login and connect to your neighbours BTWIFI -FON which will enable to to get internet access

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 68 of 80

I haven't been told if it's an openreach problem actually. As I stated, all the engineers I've spoken too said that it's up to BT to reconfigure our line, seeing as 25 other people in the estate are on the same package as us. Furthermore, you failed to explain why my neighbour has his internet and why we don't, despite being on the same package. That isn't an openreach issue is it?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 80

Re: BT Wgon't fix my issue or let me cancel

Just like in your previous posts you use 'BT' but actually mean openreach and it is openreach who deal with the phone lines not BT RETAIL so any line needing reconfigured would be done by openreach not 'BT'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Boss89
Contributor
Message 70 of 80

Re: BT Wgon't fix my issue or let me cancel

Why is it that when we spoke to am openreach engineer "who identified himself as such" he said it's on BT since it's down to them to configure it? And how do you explain the constant misinformation, everyone else on the estate has had internet for 4 weeks but we were told on the phone last night that they don't and BT (openreach) has to dig the road up (not true, we checked with the council). Why should I accept anything I'm told when we were assured that engineers were downgrading us to get us online and as if today nothing has happened? It's unacceptable

0 Ratings