cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 71 of 80

Re: No broadband for nearly 2 weeks — fix date keeps changing

Hi @Boss89,

I can see since my last post @NeilO has offered out help on your case and sent you a private message. I have checked our queue and I don't see your reply, have you completed the template and sent it back into us?

@NeilO wrote:

Hi @Boss89, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry your broadband isn't working at the moment, I appreciate the inconvenience this can cause. I don't believe anyone was trying to undermine your situation with the questions they were asking as checking the number is correct on the line is one of the things to do after a line has been reconnected when a cabinet is damaged as it's not uncommon for the line to be connected to the wrong number which in turn means the broadband won't work.

I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to check the fault status and find out what's happening, we're quite busy at the moment so it will take a couple of days for us to respond.  

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 72 of 80

Re: BT Wgon't fix my issue or let me cancel

@Boss89 wrote:

Why is it that when we spoke to am openreach engineer "who identified himself as such" he said it's on BT since it's down to them to configure it?     

as I posted BT Retail do no reconfigure the phone line that is openreach and I suggest what you were told was just to stop you asking more questions and blame someone else.  That way openreach engineer walked away 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 73 of 80

Hi @imjolly & @Matt-S ,

I can't work out where this guy, I assume he is male, is coming from.  He never responded with any answers to the questions members asked and it would appear as though he never replied to the 3 offers of help from the mods.

Since he said a few posts back that he was switching ISP I can't see any way the community can help him.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 74 of 80

So far, all I was asked to do was dial 17070--something I did which hasn't worked. I'm still being charged for a service I'm not receiving. The engineer I spoke to didn't say anything of the sort and I resent your reply. He said himself he was sent on a wild goose chase and that nobody has been asssigned to work on my fault. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 75 of 80

They called us today and now the fix date is "unknown since we need to connfigure the G-fast in your area". How will I explain this to my university or employer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 76 of 80

When asked ( and you were asked to confirm ) you have said you are on exchange based ADSL , so what has Gfast  ( a service delivered from a street cabinet ) got to do with your lack of a broadband service.

Myself, ( and I dare say others on here)  , have attempted to help and diagnose your problem with the little information available, ( it’s probable we have  a little more understanding of how the network fits together than some ) but  the information requested of you has been asked the least technical way, but if you are , were , or were in the process of being moved onto Gfast, that makes an enormous difference to diagnosing whatever your issue is , being on Gfast isn’t the same as being on ADSL, perhaps if you are interested in a resolution ( unless you your sole aim is to move ISP and challenge any termination charges, giving accurate info , or asking for clarification if some requests for info are unclear can only help.

As far as asking you to check using 17070, was never a ‘fix’, it’s simple device to confirm the number at your home was the correct number , you eventually confirmed it was, so as a process of elimination, that was one possible issue dismissed as a possible cause of your issue, nowhere was it said that dialling a number would ‘fix’ your issue, if your car won’t start, someone asking has it got fuel in it, isn’t in itself going to make the car start, but it’s obviously a question that needs an answer

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 80

As I previously posted. If your neighbour is on BT and as you say has internet connection then if you use your BTID you should be able to connect to your neighbours BTWIFI/FON network and get an internet connection 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 78 of 80

@Boss89wrote:

They called us today and now the fix date is "unknown since we need to connfigure the G-fast in your area". How will I explain this to my university or employer?

Believe it or not there are many of us here who genuinely attempt to help.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 79 of 80

I can't connect to FON and I need a LAN for my PC. I don't understand why this turned into the trial of the century but there you go. There's no resolution in sight and I'm no further forward 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 80 of 80

I've now had to take the embarassing task of apologising to my interviewer because my skype connection has dropped out on the 4G hub...

0 Ratings