cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: No broadband for two weeks, no sign of a fix, at my wits' end

Finally had some useful update on this. Massive thanks to Claire who has taken charge of this and was able to provide me with more information in 10 minutes than 2 weeks of phone calls to/from Customer Service. 

We now have an engineer booked to come out next week and look at the problem, so we may even get this fixed in just under four weeks! Very pleased that Claire has been able to at least get this moving and find that we actually needed an engineer to come out and resolve the issue, furious that it would seem the problem was basically ignored for over a week, despite being told it was being prioritised, and that even if the engineer is able to fix it on the day, it will have taken nearly four weeks with no connection to fix. I have no words to describe my disgust at the regular Customer Services people who have consistently lied to me about this for weeks.

So huge thanks to Claire and to mods on here, without you guys I'd be no further forward in fixing this and still ringing up Customer Services every day to be lied to. Wish I'd found this forum earlier.

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 32

Re: No broadband for nearly a month now, no sign of a fix, at my wits' end

So quick update (TLDR: no it's still not fixed, more staggering incompetence - nearing a month now).

This morning we had a visit from the Lesser Spotted Openreach Engineer. He confirmed it was a problem in the cabinet (contrary to the many and varied lies we've been told by Customer Services over the last few weeks) and was flabbergasted it still hadn't been fixed as he worked on the same problem 3 weeks ago. He was utterly mortified that we'd just been abandoned. Ah well, all good because at least now he was here and it was all about to be sorted. Nope. There's a part needed apparently to fix the issue in the cabinet, and although it should have been ordered to coincide with his visit (or even, possibly arrive before he did) it's not arrived. Hopefully, maybe, possibly, it might arrive next week. I assume BT will then expect me to take more time off work - I'm self-employed so taking a morning off costs my business 100s of pounds. And I have no faith whatever that that won't also turn out to be a complete waste of time.

We're going to be looking at a month without broadband at this rate. Utterly shocking BT. Worst customer service I've ever experienced. By a distance. And I've flown with RyanAir

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 32

PaulldD

I can well symphatise with your frsutration as I have spent quite some time to 3 differest CS's all Indian with poor English & am no wiser as to whether my Fibre INfinity 1 service is going to go the same way as yours.

What is the latest status on your Broadband or lack of it please.

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 32

As above, still no connection, part not arrived, may get fixed sometime next week. Maybe. Not holding my breath. Staggering incompetence from BT all round

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 32

Four weeks no BB: is Infinity time BT take to fix problems?

A continuation of this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/No-broadband-for-two-weeks-no-sign-of-a-fix...

Started a new one, because that topic title is now wildly out of date, as we now enter the fourth week of no broadband, and still no fix in sight. In that time, I've been fobbed off, hung up on, lied to, told one different tale after another, continually reassured it will be fixed "tomorrow" and we still don't have broadband. BT were more than happy to collect 60 quid out of my account though for a service they're not providing and don't seem to have any intention of doing so.

Latest is an engineer came out on Friday to "definitely finally get this fixed", turned up, ready to fix the problem in the cabinet that is apparently behind all this (and which according to him they knew about and should have fixed 3 weeks ago). Except the part that should have been ordered and waiting for him in the cabinet wasn't there. He speaks to his head office, they claim it's on order and would definitely arrive by later that day, but he can't wait and so no fix then.

Monday, I'm told that the part was only ordered on Friday (so more inaccurate information - what I was told on Friday wasn't true) but would definitely be in place yesterday and they'd fix it then. Ha ha. Imagine my total lack of surprise when I got home and found it still wasn't working. Presumably that part that would definitely arrive yesterday didn't. or it was the wrong part. Or the engineers were eaten by giant lizards or something. The dodgy builder off Fawlty Towers would be ashamed of the list of excuses BT have tried rolling out to me. 

BT you are an utter disgrace, a shambles of a company, arrogant beyond belief, the way you treat your customers is beyond appalling.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 32

Re: Four weeks no BB: is Infinity time BT take to fix problems?

I have merged your threads to keep the history etc of the thread together It is the same subject so it is pointless having them spread over different threads just because of the title. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 32

you are getting mod help so not anything else forum members can do to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 32

Sure, and I appreciate the help I have had on here. It's been the only help I have had, throughout. Just keeping folks updated, I doubt my experience is unique, although BT will claim that it is. May help others to manage their expectations if they do get an issue that it may not be fixed quickly (or, so far, at all in my case)

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 32

And the saga still rolls on. Just had a call from someone at BT who informed me that the part now won't be there until Thursday. That will nicely mark a full month since we first reported a fault. That's always assuming of course that the part does actually arrive there on Thursday which, clearly, I have absolutely no confidence that it will.

Nice touch as well to accuse me of having "an attitude" when I questioned whether this was the level of customer service that BT aims to provide. Really really impressed, don't think I've ever encountered such appalling service from any company

pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 32

So, yesterday morning had a call from a very helpful guy in BT's complaints escalation dept (or something similar to that) who was able to tell me that the part had been delivered, fitted and as a result our broadband would now be working. It will come as no surprise to anyone who's followed this (and certainly didn't to me) that when I got home, broadband was still deader than the proverbial dodo. Given the track record on this, with repeated assurances that parts had been delivered when it later transpired they hadn't even been ordered etc, wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to find that the part hasn't been fitted at all. Who knows? Who cares? Not BT, they're still happily raking in my £60 p/m for a service they're abjectly failing to provide as we now roll into our second month without broadband. BT Infinity - because that's how long they take to fix things.

0 Ratings