cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Four weeks no BB: is Infinity time BT take to fix problems?

@pauld70 I'm really sorry about that, I've emailed your case handler to let him know it's not sorted and he'll be in touch today.

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 32

Re: Four weeks no BB: is Infinity time BT take to fix problems?

Thanks but tbf the guy who's handling this is well on top of it. No problem with the service from him or the people who've been dealing with this since raising this on here, they've all been genuinely helpful. Or at least they've tried to be, just seems they're being let down by the rest of the organisation which seems to be a shambles

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 32

Finally, after over a month, it's fixed (for now)

Finally, after over a month, after countless hours wasted, many lies told (and yes, some of them were outright lies, not just "things that turned out not to be true", although there was plenty of that too), misdirection, requests being lost, parts not being ordered etc etc we finally have a working broadband connection. For now.

Started working again last night, I'm still quite prepared to get home to find it's broken again but at least for last night, we were able to connect to the Internet, my lad fired up his Xbox to play with his mates and the missus was able to watch all of her series on catchup.

Thanks to the mods on here who really helped, and the forum members who pitched in with advice, and to the guys from the complaints escalation team (I think) who actually finally took ownership of this and got it sorted out. And yah boo sucks to 90% of BT who were no help whatever and often actively made the situation worse. Worst customer service I've ever experienced anywhere and now need to think whether I want to continue to hand over best part of 60 quid a month of my hard-earned to an organisation that (in the main) treated me with contempt. Probably a decision best left till next week when I might have calmed down a bit and will have some idea if the connection has actually stayed up.

0 Ratings
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 32

Re: Finally, after over a month, it's fixed (for now)

That was nice to hear as my problems are still ongoing. I keep getting a call from an Indian centre who keeps telling me that I need to be patient & to please wait for her call. Her language not mine.

Today she said that my order would be delayed againuntil July 28th & when I insisted that she pass me onto a manager she said that her manager was not concerned with my order & to please wait for her call as she was going to place my order today.

I asked her what she mean't about placing my order today as I had already placed it on June 22nd  & again she merely repeated this phrase. She then said that she would escalate the problem & call me tomorrow.

I repeated that I could not understand her message & round it went until she put the phone down on me.

All in all she appeared to speak in a robotic tone & keeps calling me withe same nonsense about please be understanding & patient & how sorry she is for the delay & I still have no idea why she has to repeatedly place my order.

So I guess my order will still enjoy it's Indian bureaucratic hell till some sunshine enters their heads.

Har de ha ha. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 32

@Belvaz

the mods offered to help you on 1/7 did you take up the offer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 32

The mod who replied said that he hed tried to call me & could not connect on my landline.

I rang my home phone & it answered very nicely thank you & I said so in a reply to the mod & that was the end of anything from them. And please I am not that stupid that I would not accept any help whatsoever.

BEEG ZERO. AND IT IS NOW 4 WEEKS SINCE I PLACED MY ORDER.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 32

My MP is Alex Chalk who has a particular interest in Parliament on Broadband & I have asked for his help.

http://www.alexchalk.com/campaigns/improve-cheltenhams-broadband-access

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

@Belvaz I can see @JohnC2 emailed you regarding this, if you drop him a reply he will be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 32

I have clicked onto his name & his page says he is offline. Can't see an email section for him (when was this) or an email from him unless it went into my gmail spam box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 32

@Belvaz wrote:

I have clicked onto his name & his page says he is offline. Can't see an email section for him (when was this) or an email from him unless it went into my gmail spam box.

You cannot use private messaging to the moderators, you have to use the "contact the mods" link.

0 Ratings