cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

No broadband for two weeks, no sign of a fix, at my wits' end

Home broadband (BT Infinity - which seems to refer to the amount of time they take to fix issues) has been out for two weeks now. Repeated calls to customer services result in the same loop of uselessness:

1) Me - is there any update on when you are going to fix my broadband?

2) CS - before we can answer that we have to take you through 10 minutes of pointless tests to establish it's not a fault at your end

3) Me - you've already acknowledged it's a fault at the exchange, here is the fault number

4) CS - we have to do the tests 

(10-15 minutes later)

5) CS - there seems to be a fault at the exchange

6) Me - I know, I told you that, when are you going to fix it

7) CS - tomorrow/tonight/day after (invents random time)

😎 Me - You told me that yesterday, why should I believe you now?

9) CS - that is what the engineers are saying and they know what they are doing

They don't fix the fault, they don't ring back when they say they are going to, on the rare occasions they do ring back, they ring my home number despite me repeatedly telling them to use my mobile, and I have no confidence any more that they're even looking at the issue, much less trying to fix it. 

They closed the first fault ticket as resolved when it wasn't, which is a simple lie. Still, I suppose it helps improve their fix stats if they don't have any tickets open for over a week. There's probably a director's bonus depends on that target. I've been told it's a "major outage" at the exchange but it's not showing on the service status page - another lie?

In nearly 20 years of using the internet, going back to a 33k modem, I've NEVER had an outage this long and never experienced customer service so appalling. And I'm paying through the nose for a service that even when it works is slow, unreliable and flaky.

Any tips on how to get BT to actually look after their customers?

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: No broadband for two weeks, no sign of a fix, at my wits' end

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Hi @pauld70,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting.

I can understand your frustration and I am sorry to hear about the delay in getting your service repaired. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your fault. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 32

Thanks guys, have contacted Paddy as suggested. Hope you have better luck getting a sensible answer out of Openreach than your colleagues in customer services

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 32

So, Monday was told it would be fixed by midnight yesterday. Still not fixed.

Was also told on Monday that the reason my first fault report was closed as resolved (when it wasn't) was because the faults close automatically after 5 working days. I pointed out this was a dishonest practice, as the fault wasn't closed and the CS said "That is BT's system. That is how it works. Do you want to change the whole system?" I said I didn't, I just wanted him to reopen the original fault as it was still not resolved. "You cannot change the system, it is automated". Well funnily enough, the currrent fault ticket, opened after they wrongly closed the first one, is still open. After 6 working days. So the stuf about the original fault being closed automatically after 5 working days is just another lie I've been told by BT Customer Services. I'll add it to the list.

Meanwhile, I was promised a call from the complaints dept at 7pm to my mobile number. Instead they rang at 5.40, when I was in a work meeting (hence why I asked for it at 7). They promised to ring back. They didn't. Although they did text my home landline (????) to say they would call that number between 7 and 9. They didn't do that either.

And I've heard nothing back from the mod on here who said he'd look into it.

And still no broadband, two weeks 1 day and counting. Fantastic service BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 32

@pauld70 wrote:

And I've heard nothing back from the mod on here who said he'd look into it.

You will have to wait your turn in the queue, as the mods take a couple of days to deal.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Hi @pauld70 I am sorry for all the problems you are having. I have checked and we received your form yesterday. We will be in touch with you within 48hrs to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Fair enough, not really complaining about the mods tbh, as I only raised this thread on Monday in sheer desperation. But this is over two weeks without broadband already and the lack of useful communication from BT on all fronts - customer service, twitter, phone etc - is simply staggering. I've never experienced customer service this bad, from any organisation.

0 Ratings
pauld70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 32

[Adopt faux Northeast accent] Day 16 in the No Broadband house and still no sign of:

a) A fix

b) A likely day when it will be fixed

c) Anything even vaguely approaching an explanation from BT as to why it should take over two weeks to fix an issue

d) A consistent explanation as to what is actually wrong 

e) A call from the complaints team

I pay nigh on £60 a month a combined broadband, TV and phone package. We only have the phone because we have to to get the broadband, the TV is just BT Sport which is usually unwatchable because the broadband is unreliable and the speed is poor (up to 52MB my backside) and now we don't even have the slow unreliable broadband. I'd be fascinated to hear any explanation as to why I should want to continue to hand over substantial amounts of money on a regular basis to an organisation that treats me with such contempt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 32

hopefully the mods when they get in touch shortly will be able to answer your questions after they contact openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings