Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: No broadband..household going mad

Go to solution

it can take up to midnight for activation but if nothing on saturday morning then post back and can see if mods can help as they are the only BT employees on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Scoot1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

I will wait and see what happens tomorrow..I was quite surprised to see them here this morning to be honest. Phone line was switched to bt on monday am.

0 Ratings
Scoot1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution
Imjolly, the issue is I havent been connected as no room in cabinet as there was confusion over which cabinet I should be connected to so Im usure if waiting a couple of days will help but wait I shall.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

@Scoot1972 wrote:

I will wait and see what happens tomorrow..I was quite surprised to see them here this morning to be honest. Phone line was switched to bt on monday am.

That is a good sign, as now the broadband provision task can be issued, as there has to be a working phone line first.

I cannot see any issues, its just that changing provider, especially from an LLU provider, is more complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local-loop_unbundling

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

@Scoot1972 I'm really sorry about the problems getting your broadband connected, the mod team will be happy to take a look at this for you if you send over your details. I'll send you a private message now with info on how to get in touch.

0 Ratings
Scoot1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

Screenshot_20191108-125855-716.png

 Somethings changed and it doesn't look good.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

if that is checker results from your phone number then it actually looks ok with fibre connection available on your cab

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scoot1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

The open order for today had dissapeared and no one working on cabinets today 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

work could have already been done and just system update needed which can take till midnight  if nothing tomorrow then post back

0 Ratings
Scoot1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

Well Saturday it is, no broadband. I rang bt yesterday afternoon and been given a possible date of next Friday..bit appalled by the service so far. Apparently I'm connected to cabinet 7 and need to be moved to 18, openreach have had to cancel order and run lines and then have to be passed back to whoever who has to reopen order blah blah blah. I've gotta go out today and get a WiFi dongle @£45 to get some internet in the house as we,ve already had to buy extra data on  phones X3 and I'm not able to trust any new dates given..shambles

0 Ratings