Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoot1972
Beginner
Message 1 of 31

No broadband..household going mad

Go to solution

Hi all.

So finally left sky adsl that ive had for donkeys years to joing bt with fibre connection..mistake

Phone line connected monday but engineer has problem with fibre, apparently we was on a different cabinet than the pole number stated?

many phone calls back and forwards and promised wed 6th..no one showed up

on phone again last night and promised fri 8th

This morning (7th) bt engineer outside, had a chat with him and I think he said he was rerouting cabling to another box?

Anyway he phoned at 11am ish this morning to say he couldn't do anything as cabinet box had no room and he was passing it on to another department as this wasn't line of work..

Stuck with no broadband serious wishing I hadn't changed from sky. Been told various lies from different people on the 150 number..If I had hair I would have pulled it out. Can anyone help on this forum please? should I cancel within the 14 days? No one can tell me when I will have broadband?..Nige

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: No broadband..household going mad

Go to solution

@Scoot1972 

When you left Sky, your connection in the cabinet would have been ceased. If the cabinet is full, and there is a waiting list, then your connection would have been given to the next person on the list, and you would have to wait your turn.

Cancelling would not give your connection back.

In order to find out what the status is, please enter your phone number into this form. It will tell you if there is a waiting list.

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Scoot1972
Beginner
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

Hi Keith

My standard sky broadband was working monday morning up until I was switched over to the bt line. Does the standard slow broadband connect the same way as fibre?

0 Ratings
Scoot1972
Beginner
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Screenshot_20191107-155256-035.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

@Scoot1972 wrote:

Hi Keith

My standard sky broadband was working monday morning up until I was switched over to the bt line. Does the standard slow broadband connect the same way as fibre?

As you posted on the fibre broadband board, I assumed you had a fibre connection with Sky. So you just had a normal ADSL broadband with Sky, is that correct?

Normal Sky broadband comes from Sky`s own equipment in the exchange, but fibre broadband comes from the cabinet.

If you put your BT Phone number into that form I posted, it should tell you the status of the cabinet.

If the cabinet is full, then you should be able to get standard broadband from BT, and then upgrade to superfast broadband when there is space.

Scoot1972
Beginner
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

Hi Keith

Yes standard from sky-bt fibre. I asked in one of many phone calsl about standard broadband for time being and was told it would take longer to sort out than getting fibre workin :/. Have posted details above

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

I have just seen your screenshot, I assume that you used your phone number.

It shows that the cabinet is not full, so I do not understand what the issue is, but I can ask one of the BT employees to find out for you.

There is no reason why ADSL broadband could not be provided, but as you can see, it would be very slow, just as the Sky ADSL connection must have been.

Your order is due to complete tomorrow.

Capture.JPG

Scoot1972
Beginner
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

If you dont mind I could do with any help. They said it was due to be on monday, then wednesday and finally friday but the engineer was here a day early so I dont hold out for anything happening on the 8th to be honest.

0 Ratings
Scoot1972
Beginner
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

The engineers said I wasnt on the correct cabinet that they had the information for so I assume these details arent correct in the graph  if that is possible, and yes used correct phone number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

@Scoot1972 wrote:

If you dont mind I could do with any help. They said it was due to be on monday, then wednesday and finally friday but the engineer was here a day early so I dont hold out for anything happening on the 8th to be honest.

Please wait and see what happens tomorrow, as it does say its due to complete tomorrow, and it would take a couple of days for one of the moderators to look at it anyway.

I assume your phone line is working, as that is needed for the broadband to be provided?

The cabinet confusion can be caused because Sky are an LLU provider, and only rent a pair of wires from Openreach. You can only be connected to one cabinet.