cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

No broadband since 6th of July 2020

Hi,

I had to reset my router on the morning 6th of July, as my Cisco work phone will not connect without a reset. It is something I have done every Monday morning for about 6 years now. The BT Smarthub router remained constant orange. I went through the BT hub repair procedure on my laptop and it told me to phone BT. I called them and they told me to move my BT hub to the unscrewed main socket. They then did line tests and I did a factory reset on the hub, it was still orange. I had another hub from my old house which was exactly the same, so went through the same procedure with this hub. Same solid orange light. They said they would send an engineer on the 15th of July. Had that booked, my wife and I work from home and my daughter is doing school work from home. I have had to up the data on our phones to hot spot from them, including my work phone through a T-link extender which is connected to my mobile.

I purchased a new filter and tried that, as had read that it could be the problem. Didn't work on both hubs, swapped cables also. The house phone worked and I did a silence test, that sounded fine. Getting desperate, as had just paid for Now TV to watch some sport!

The engineer that arrived 15th of July 2020, Q engineer I have been told. Said there was a problem with the line, crackling. He tried both my hubs, plus 1 he had in the van. He then said I needed an Openreach engineer, which was booked for today.

Openreach engineer arrived today, 17th of July 2020. He said there was a problem with the copper corroded at the bottom of the drive. He fixed that and also tested both hubs. He said his machine was syncing but wasn't getting data. He told me to call BT and say it is a PPP problem on their end.

I have called BT and explained what was told to me, they did a series of tests at their end and asked me to factory rest the hub. They have told me that they are sending a 3rd engineer on Monday, wholesale engineer. They said they are looking at the set up in the house, which worked absolutey fine before the 6th of July.

I did ask about compensation and got fobbed off about calling when it's all fixed and £30 minus 48 hours after the 6th of July. I would rather just get the broadband working to be honest, as have to drive to London on Monday because the reception on my phone isn't very great through my mobile.

My question is, are BT doing the right thing? 2 engineers to the house and still not fixed, 3rd arriving on Monday. I'm in Tamworth, Staffordshire and if anyone can fix this problem sooner I would be happy to pay for the service.

Many thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: No broadband since 6th of July 2020

What's a Wholesale engineer? Qube engineers are a waste of time as they can't do anything except check connections. Is ther still noise on your line? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings