cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

No broadband

I have had no broadband for 3 weeks now,  it’s been a constant battle to get this sorted, the stress it has caused in my house has been unbelievable. No homework can be done, run out of data on all phones, we have no reception and at the beginning my children were getting detentions for no homework, as if they haven’t been through enough stress through lockdown with no school. Just wanted to let everyone know that BT are a disgrace and what they have done to our young family is despicable. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: No broadband

Do you have a dial tone on your landline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I Do have a tone, but I have nothing else , they have left me out to dry, promised me fibre on the 22nd of September and I’ve had nothing since. I’m seething 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number but leave exchange and cab

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

have you tried using the test socket with a filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@Bainesy123 wrote:

I Do have a tone, but I have nothing else , they have left me out to dry, promised me fibre on the 22nd of September and I’ve had nothing since. I’m seething 

What have they given as a reason for the delay in activating your service? I am assuming that this is a new connection.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

They have said it’s a problem at the exchange and keep fobbing me off the the same old Bull **bleep** story, pardon my french 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

It may be the cabinet is full and dslchecker results will help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@Bainesy123 wrote:

They have said it’s a problem at the exchange and keep fobbing me off the the same old Bull **bleep** story, pardon my french 

If you can provide the information that @imjolly  has asked for, it should help.

A problem in the exchange would normally occur if you have a standard broadband connection, not a FTTC ("fibre") connection, as standard broadband comes from the exchange and FTTC comes from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Problem at the exchange, I think they don’t have a Clue what is going on , they lie all the time , pretend to call you back never do. And talk to you like robots. Honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@Bainesy123 wrote:

Problem at the exchange, I think they don’t have a Clue what is going on , they lie all the time , pretend to call you back never do. And talk to you like robots. Honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Unless you can provide the information requested, nobody on this user forum will be able to help.

0 Ratings