cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

No fibre showing

Go to solution

I'm currently looking at changing fibre providers, for some reason everytime I enter my postcode or telephone number with other providers they come back with being unable to provider a service even though I currently have fibre broadband with BT.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: No fibre showing

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I don't live in a new build.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

It is possible that if you have FTTC that your cabinet is full with a waiting list which would explain why no connections are available

Enter your address not phone number a d post results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Screenshot_20220313-213708_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

So from the result you must currently have FTTP.  It may be that other ISPs are not providing FTTP in your area.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

But it says WBC FTTP is avaliable.

Which is what I currently have.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Exactly. Not every ISP offers FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
TBH, a BT Consumer forum isn’t the appropriate place to ask questions about why other providers are saying the either can’t or won’t supply you….you have Openreach FTTP , there is nothing stopping other ISPs offering service over OR FTTP in the same way that BT do, it’s a question for the ISP you would like to use….don’t accept any excuses like ‘BT don’t allow it’ as that’s just not true.
Some exchange areas have a ‘stop sale’ on copper pair products once OR FTTP is widely available in that area, so even if you still have a copper pair to the address and would settle for slower fibre to the cab (FTTC )or even exchange based ADSL, you won’t be able to order it.
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

That shows FTTP is available at your address via an Openreach provider yes

0 Ratings