cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Re: No fibre

Indeed i have a dial tone no problem at all and can ring in and out on the landline just no broadband
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 32

@leegardner240477 wrote:
Indeed i have a dial tone no problem at all and can ring in and out on the landline just no broadband

You said on your first post.

"I have rang my home number and it rings but my phone does not"

Is that still the case?

Which one of these is your master phone socket?

Single master sockets

Filtered sockets

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

It does ring yes now so we have a valid phone line but no internet bt hub is plugged into the main socket as it was with my previous provider and it worked ok
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 32

@leegardner240477 wrote:
It does ring yes now so we have a valid phone line but no internet bt hub is plugged into the main socket as it was with my previous provider and it worked ok

So the phone line has been provided, so I would expect that someone is going to the cabinet today, to route you through the fibre cabinet.

Were you on normal broadband or fibre broadband with your last provider?

Which one of those sockets that I indicated on those images, is your master socket?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

I was on fibre before but everythings been moved from talk talk to bt its plugged directly into the filtered socket which is the master socker no wiring had changed at my end
0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 32

Did you wait untill TT ceased working before you unplugged the TT Hub/router and then plug BT HUb in?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 32

@leegardner240477 wrote:
I was on fibre before but everythings been moved from talk talk to bt its plugged directly into the filtered socket which is the master socker no wiring had changed at my end

Did BT say that you could get a fibre connection, as your existing one would have been disconnected?

What does it say on this checker against the VDSL row? Does it say available, or waiting list?

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 32

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@leegardner240477 wrote:

Did BT say that you could get a fibre connection, as your existing one would have been disconnected?

You will guess I think from my question that he may well be still on TT for at least broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

It says available as i say i had talk talk fibre until my contract ended on 15/12 i placed an order with bt that said it would be complete on 15/12 and i got a text yesterday at 18:30 to say my phone and fibre should now be life
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

My fibre went off with talk talk yesterday as my contract expired so i assume bt take over the line and then provide a connection on it, however if the connection is not live or there are issues thenwhy send a text to say my services ate live
0 Ratings