Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 32

Re: No fibre

@leegardner240477 wrote:
It says available as i say i had talk talk fibre until my contract ended on 15/12 i placed an order with bt that said it would be complete on 15/12 and i got a text yesterday at 18:30 to say my phone and fibre should now be life

The phone had to be provided first. Then a task would have been issued for an Openreach technician to re-route your line, so it goes via the fibre cabinet.

If you phone has only just become active then hopefully someone will be visiting the cabinet later on.

I assume you have unplugged and turned off the TalkTalk router, and now only have the BT home hub plugged into the phone socket?

By any chance, did you also have a white Openreach modem when you had TalkTalk fibre, and if so, is it now unplugged?

Openreach modem

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 32

@leegardner240477 wrote:
My fibre went off with talk talk yesterday as my contract expired so i assume bt take over the line and then provide a connection on it, however if the connection is not live or there are issues thenwhy send a text to say my services ate live

Thanks for clarification that you were using TT right up them ceasing, so problem lies with BT or OR.

I'm sure I did as instructed and Sky was unplugged when it went down and then I plugged BT Hub in and continued.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Well got a little further after speaking with someone this morning and them agreeing to send another bt hub out, i spoke to someone else today to say that original order for a new hub had not been placed he went through tests and said its 100% the hub and he would send another out 3 working days. So i managed to get hold of someone elses working bt smart hub plugged it in and its exactly the same. I dont know what else to do BT suppory is awful there is obviously something not been switched over. Am hoping i wake in the morning and its all working ok but i seriously doubt it
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 32

I would have been surprised if it was the hub.

Its unlikely to be looked at today.

Can you please confirm that you do not have a white Openreach modem as well?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

No i dont have an openreach modem my smarthub plugs directly into an openreach filtered socket
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 32

@leegardner240477 wrote:
No i dont have an openreach modem my smarthub plugs directly into an openreach filtered socket

I was only asking, as they were initially used before VDSL modem/routers became available, and ther have been issues where people have tried to connect the smart hub to the modem, by mistake.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Apologies if that cane across as being rude, bt are arranging an engineer visit in next 48 hrs
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 32

@leegardner240477 wrote:
Apologies if that cane across as being rude, bt are arranging an engineer visit in next 48 hrs

No I did not get that impression Smiley Wink

Hopefully the visit will sort it out, but please update this thread with the outcome.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Hi Leegardner240477

Hopefully the engineer will sort everything however should you need help I'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Send us in your details using the contact the mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 30 of 32

@leegardner240477 it would be advisable to send your details to @StuartH now as currently it is taking 3 days for the mods to pick requests up. If the engineer does get you sorted out then just update this thread and the mods will know.

Saves you having to wait any longer if its not sorted out on Tuesday.

0 Ratings