cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No internet after restoring from backup

Hi 

So today our internet stopped working ( devices showing connected no internet ) had restarted hub and ONT. Still didn't work , finally before calling bt decided to do a backup and factory reset . Internet then works fine once I reset ,but as soon as I restore from backup I'm back to where I started . 

This hub has only recently been replaced due to an issue with the 2.4ghz band of WiFi .

Is this behaviour typical of BT hubs ?

Would I be better off getting myself a decent router myself ,we are on fttp here so don't know if that will have any issues ,plus use bt TV box so want to make sure that would still work .

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: No internet after restoring from backup

@daniels471 wrote: 

Internet then works fine once I reset ,but as soon as I restore from backup I'm back to where I started . 

This hub has only recently been replaced due to an issue with the 2.4ghz band of WiFi .

Which is most recent, the date of the backup you restored or the date you swapped routers (you are using the correct wi-fi login for the current router aren't you?)

Obvious question I suppose but you haven't said so it has to be asked

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Did the backup from the new router ( done it just today ) 

Yes details are correct,it connects with an IP , just has no internet ( almost like a DNS issue ) but wierdly manually assigning DNS address to my device didn't bring back internet

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

In your first post you say that internet connectivity is restored when connecting your new router.

Is there any reason why your should restore the backup? Try entering your hub settings manually, one step at a time until internet connectivity is lost.  It's just possible that one of the settings in the backup is corrupt.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

To be honest I'm now just looking at alternative router's as the bt one is quite limited and after issues in a short space of time .

0 Ratings