cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

No internet connection/ keep showing orange light on BT hub6

Go to solution

Hi,

I’m using Broadband and Landline Fibre Essential product. However starting from this afternoon, my internet connection is out and the hub keep showing steady orange light. I tried to restart many times, but it’s still not working and showing steady orange light. I tried with online troubleshooting tool and it says the problem is from outside. I don’t have a phone even though the product includes landline.

please help me. I desperately need the internet back again as I need to work from home and I live alone.

best regards,

Chuqing

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: No internet connection/ keep showing orange light on BT hub6

Go to solution

You need to do the most basic test of checking you have a dial tone and if so is there any line noise.  

If you don't have a phone then can you borrow a phone just to test otherwise no point making changes if problem is no line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Have you checked to see if there is a problem in your area?

https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Yes I tried. And it shows no problem with internet in my area

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi,

sorry I reply this late. I check my landline and it’s working. However, the landline number is shown on my cellphone (I call my cellphone number to see if the landline works). This number is different from the one on my bill. May I ask if you know what’s going on?

thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Phone 17070 and see if the number repeated is your number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
No, it’s not my number
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Sounds like you have a crossed line and need to report it by phoning 151

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. I will report this. Does it normally take long to fix? I desperately need the internet connection back soon

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Don't mention broadband as it is a line fault. Should be a quick fix.

0 Ratings