cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lexi272727
Message 1 of 4

No internet connection with Smart hub or Bt Hub 5

My internet stopped working Thursday afternoon. Did all the normal things reset etc. Contacted customer services with the usual 40 min wait time to be told there was noise on my line after telling the customer services rep mulitple times that there was not noise on the line and that it was broadband connection issue i was told that it would be fixed by tomorrow morning 7am. Afer checking my fauly info online i saw that i needed to book an engineer. Which i did. Engineer can out and said there is not noise on the line and there is an internet signal. You need a new hub. So i after a lot of hassle i ordered a new hub. I have the mean time i plugged in a tplink fast router so i could get more info about what was going on with my broadband line. Still got the same there was a signal but i couldnt get internet. It was like bt didnt recognise me as a user. So requested another engineer that came out today. New smart hub arrived while he was here so we tried everything even a new phone socket but light on smart hub going from orange to blue all the time managed to get internet for 57 seconds. But that was it He tried a syncing with the broaband line which took 9 mins and had 22 errors.. He rang a departmet to port my line but they couldnt do it cause the system is down and the department he spoke to says its some kind of computer issue their end. No Idea when it would be fixed or if that was the actual issue. Dont know what to do now to get my internet back. Totally out of idea and its school holidays. Its a nightmare.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No internet connection with Smart hub or Bt Hub 5

you need to ge back on to customer services and get another engineer visit

the mods would help but at present it is taking about 6 working days after you make contact before mods get back to you so quicker getting engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bootloop
Message 3 of 4

Lexi, did you get it resolved in the end?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@bootloop

the poster has not returned since their last post

0 Ratings